1/35 Tamiya MARDER 111 in a street scene.

Old git

Started this some time ago somewhere in the web from where we all have come from;)

My dioramas are somewhere for the model to be, not to show off the model, that is merely a prop .Any way here is the start.
2022_4.jpg

2022_11.jpg2022_10.jpg2022_12.jpg

Keeping these and the gun off the model to paint, there's far to many hard to reach places once built. Have some Fruil tracks , but might use the ones from the kit as they are just rubber. as I hate those link and length. The Fruil can be used somewhere else.

The base is standard grey foam with the stone sets guled on in one piece from Kappa Line foam board. This a German foam board only stocked by one company in the UK . I prefer this as the backing paper comes off very easily and the board is brilliant to mark bricks on

2022_3.jpg
Here are the paints used to colour the stone sets.2022_2.jpg
Resulting in
2022_3.jpg
I have just stated the buildings , having tried some Tamiya filler on the foam board which didn't suit so off again.

Comments welcome, the buildings will be next.
John.

2022_5.jpg

2022_3.jpg

The buildings

I love the cutters from Logan , so much better then attempting to cut numerous straight lines.

Here I was cutting the roof line, no 2 showing the Logan cutter running in its track, result in No 3

2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg

The exciting part of cutting out the windows and doors to come, hope you will follow.

John.

Nice John. I have one of these in 1/72 I really need to build it before it's too late with the arthritis in my hands. Thanks for sharing.

Love how you did the stone street, ill have to try to find out what material modlers use here in the US for that effect... Great work :)

So far so good.
Cheers Mark .
So far so good.
Thanks Paul .
Nice John. I have one of these in 1/72 I really need to build it before it's too late with the arthritis in my hands. Thanks for sharing.
I'd get it done Lee, some fiddly parts .Thanks Lee

Love how you did the stone street, ill have to try to find out what material modlers use here in the US for that effect... Great work :)

Thanks, yes I'd like to know what you guys in the States would use.

This is what I use and works great. I hope to get some pics of a few projects I've used this for D8FCB87C-8F41-4B1E-BDA1-81E1B98686D0.jpeg

Latest posts

Back