1/350 Enterprise

Lot's of great advice to be had here, ask away, I'm sure someone will have the answer. Pantherman
I take from your profile pic you are into armor? I like to spread myself across all aspects of military models. My next project for the bench will be the B17-F Memphis Belle.

I take from your profile pic you are into armor? I like to spread myself across all aspects of military models. My next project for the bench will be the B17-F Memphis Belle.
I mainly do German armour as my go to subject but since I joined I have done several group builds which has expanded my building and have been so much fun, I would highly recommend doing one. Pantherman

Was reading the convo you two had. I did my stint in the early 80's. I was one of the fortunate ones who sat off the coast of Lybia when Kadafi decided to send up some of his top notch fighter pilots against the jolly rogers off the Nimitz. 0730 in the morning, just got back from the mess deck getting ready to head down for watch. Then shortly after that spent 3 months off the coast of Egypt when Sadat was assassinated.

Gulf of Sidra ?

Ya know , it happened again in 89
I had completely forgotten about it until I was watching a YouTube video not that long ago and remembered , " Oh , yeah , we were on the way to relieve the Kennedy when that happened "
haha ,
We thought for sure we were heading into a hot conflict .
But ,
nothing happened after that shootdown .

You know they used that incident as part of the Top Gun movie......I think its listed as the gulf of sidra incident. Oh by the way I have a Question for you, what were the colors of the tow motors and the crane on the Teddy? Want to be accurate cause Tamiya has them as yellow.

Yeah , I think all those deck tractors were yellow .
Everything was yellow .
There should be tons of pix on the net .

Good looking ship !

USS_Detroit_AOE-4_040701-N-5952R-083_crop.jpg

Well the pics I'm looking at here for the Enterprise.....https://www.seaforces.org/usnships/cvn/CVN-65-USS-Enterprise.htm......show everything white with designation stripes.

I actually have a 1/700 of the Sacramento. it was the sister ship to the Detroit so all I need to do is change the hull number and find a 1/700 Detroit name. Would be way to difficult to do it by each individual letter.

Haha ,
IDK , I wasn't on the Enterprise .

What year too ?
I wasn't an airdale either , remember ;)
They might have changed things up

https://picryl.com/media/a-sailor-d...espots-an-f-14a-tomcat-aircraft-on-the-c74601
https://picryl.com/media/a-sailor-d...espots-an-f-14a-tomcat-aircraft-on-the-c74601

Yeah ,
looking at older photos off like the Kitty Hawk , tractors are white .
Might be what year it was or the yellow is a Nimitz thing ,,,, but , I doubt the Navy wouldn't standardize colors on flight deck equipment .

Well I'm doing it for the 70s and early 80s. She was in dry dock from 79 to 83. but the photos I'm referencing are in the 2000s. So IDK. Want to be as accurate as I can for the time period ya know.

Latest posts

Back