Plastic Pilot

Greetings! It is a pleasure and a honor to be part of the community, the only downside is that I fund about it today, and not 5 years ago.My name is Daniel I'm 40and I'm from Romania and I found this community today, searching for an international forum about scale modeling, on duckduckgo.

I'm quite new to the hobby, but I started my adventure by painting Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition's miniatures 5 years ago and started with static modelism about 2 years ago. I love trying building airplanes models, because that is all I have done. I didn't finish none of the 3 projects I worked on, perhaps for the
absence of patience, procrastination, the right tools and materials and the lack of skill and knowledge at the time to choosing the model to work with.

I would appreciate any guidance and recommendations on how to choose the best models and brands for my experience level. I like to build airplane models, specially between the cold war till the current era, mostly american fighter jets on the 1/72 scale. I choose this scale, for the fact that they are less detailed and occupy less space on the shelf. I'm also interested in learning building, assembly and painting techniques, and recommendation about tools and materials, specially to buy and airbrush kit with a compressor with an air tank.

Here is a picture of my hobby "corner", it is not much, and it is focused mainly to paint miniature rather them scale models, but I try to manage myself as I can.

workstation.jpeg
Until I gather more experience the only thing I can offer to the community is experience with miniature painting mostly Descent and Warhammer, another thing is curiosity and the will to learn a participate, and I must admit that I have a strong community spirit, and I look forward to participate in constructive discussions.

Thank you for letting me be part of your community, hope you don't mind if I lurk a little bit around this days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back