A non model build....

Cool stuff. As a carpenter by trade, I like power tools and woodwork so this was fun.

I think I have an idea where you are going with this, but I'll wait an see. ;D

Couple of tips:

1. when you measure from the fence to the blade, you should measure to the edge of the tooth not the blade itself as the tooth extends past the blades thickness. Also look carefully at which tooth you are measuring to as they are staggered, you want to measure to the one 'leaning' towards the fence. This can cause a 4 1/2" measurement to produce a 4 3/8"+ cut.

2. When you lock the fence and take a measure from the fence to the tooth, you can then loosen that little phillips head screw on the clear plastic window and adjust it until the red line indicator matches your measurement. While it may not be an exactly precise instrument, it can be fairly accurate once you set that little plastic widow to what the tape measure/ruler say.

Nice car. ;D

Wow! The Brakiri Cruiser certainly has changed since last we saw it! ;D

This is a really nice idea to do this for your lady. And I can also learn a little about woodwork. :)

ScaleModelMadman:

Thank you for the tips. I did figure out to measure it from the fence to the tooth pretty quickly, but never mentioned it in the video.

One problem with adjusting the red line indicator. Each side of the blade is off by a different amount. What I really need to adjust is the position of the rule on the side of the table saw. I will have to take a look and see if I can do this the next time I get it out. I have put it back in storage for now.

I am thinking about selling that car. It is nice, and I got it for very, very cheap. ( 15K discount, I was in the right place at the right time.....) Other drivers on the road don't respect the car. I have been run off of the road at least three times, and I constantly have people just pull out in front of me where I have to lock up the breaks to keep from rear ending them. None of this ever happens when I drive the truck.

Because of this behavior, the truck is my daily driver, and I rarely drive the car. It has pretty low miles on it. A 2009 model with 12,500 miles. I should be able to get a good price for her. She has become a garage queen.....

Elm City: It was close to 70F today. Nice weather to work outside, so I did.

Igard: Glad you liked it!

Lol that's not cold were lucky if our summer reaches 25c 10 is about the norm here

spud said:
Lol that's not cold were lucky if our summer reaches 25c 10 is about the norm here

Out summers are usually 35C. (95F for you non metric types) We are lucky if it drops below that for four months.

My woman would love that, did you get it built? Hoping you did if not nice to have known ya :p

I didn't quite finish it, but it was close enough. She thought it was a model! Next update will be later today now that she knows what it is....

Very good, John! I think that the present done by your own hands is the best one - as you present a part of your soul, part of the warm thoughts about the person you are making it for with it.
P.S: and maaaaan, I think I can keep rewatching the cat vs. train sequence for hours it is so darn cool!! ;D

Thank you Solander! I do agree that a gift from your own hands means more than something you bought in a store.

Latest posts

Back