Air brush

Bruferrit

I have a iwata HP-C air brush and I do not know the nozzle size (thinking .3mm). I am not to happy with its performance (I am new to airbrushing). From watching videos mine just does not seam to have the volume output I see on YouTube. It also seams that I have to pull Way back on the trigger before any paint comes out.

Is there better airbrushes out there or am I not setting my airbrush up correctly?

I've never used an Iwata ,
It's this one ? ---> https://merriartist.com/products/i-...ccZdSPJifrfBhRSiXiJktwhSxwI_NSJBoCte0QAvD_BwE

Flow rate will depend on the viscosity of the paint , air pressure and of course how far you pull the needle back .
These videos you're comparing your results to are using this same airbrush ?

I mostly use a Paasche Talon with a .66 tip , although it also has a .38 and .25
Does that Iwata accommodate different tip/needle combos ?

I have an Iwata Eclipse and it works perfectly. Needle size is .35mm. I spray at 12-15psi. I use Tamiya paint and I thin it slightly.

I own several ABs mostly Badgers and one Iwata Neo. As urumomo mentioned, paint viscosity and air pressure/distance all come to play here. Sounds like you are not thinning your paint enough and or not using enough air pressure. What type of paint are you using? Acrylic or solvent type? I for one do NOT like acrylics specially Vallejo which I find a pita to work with specially when shooting tight feathering lines. With my Badger Sotar with X Fine tip I can thin my enamel or lacquer paint about 60/40 dial the pressure to 5-8 psi and shoot hair thin tight lines all day long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back