Airbrushing parts question

So im finally making the jump back into airbrushing. Im tired of all the littlw issue's with brush and can painting (not to mention the price of cans). And this happened to fall into my lap today (not literally LoL). Im just wondering if anyone is using one, or know it this will work well for airbrushing? I know I will need to get a regulator/air trap thats no biggie. It says it has a max psi of 100,
If I can use this that would be perfect for me. Lmk what all you air-brushers think!!

5BCF4FC3-5A3B-4966-862C-8BDB4A5B3EEA.jpeg

7FA2415A-BFA9-4385-969F-EF91A2BAB54F.jpeg

Yes. That'll work perfectly. I wish I had one. I have an air hose hooked up to my respirator and I blow into that which operates my airbrush. Takes me forever to paint something, I keep losing my breath. Now. Now. I'm just yanking your air hose, of course that'll work perfectly, but you already knew that, didn't you? You just want to show off that beautiful compressor.

I've used much worse than that, my current rigs is about the same. I would add a pressure regulator, and depending on your environment a water-trap.

If you need advanced performance you'll want a tank. The compressor keeps the tank "full enough" to supply the dialed-in pressure you choose at the exit of the tank. The only issue is all compressors (at our price-range) have pulses in their pressure, due to their piston. The tank consumes/absorbs/eliminates that as felt at your wrist.

For anyone who has/has used this one, will a normal pressure regulator w/ water trap attach right to this? Or do I need to get any pneumatic pieces for an adapter? I was also thinking worst fase scenario, I can put a quick detach on the regulator and run it that way. But I much rather have the regulator connected with teflon tape and that. I could always move yhe pressure relief to the bottom and connect the regulator there if it works. That was I can still use it for filling tires/ air sprayer tool for cleaning pff dust or whatever.

Thank everyone !!!

Yes. That'll work perfectly. I wish I had one. I have an air hose hooked up to my respirator and I blow into that which operates my airbrush. Takes me forever to paint something, I keep losing my breath. Now. Now. I'm just yanking your air hose, of course that'll work perfectly, but you already knew that, didn't you? You just want to show off that beautiful compressor.
Lol i kinda knew it would work. But dont know if itll work with a regulator like this one that im planning to hopefully get.

D27B138B-2E91-481E-B073-F699AF0B412D.jpeg

For anyone who has/has used this one, will a normal pressure regulator w/ water trap attach right to this? Or do I need to get any pneumatic pieces for an adapter? I was also thinking worst fase scenario, I can put a quick detach on the regulator and run it that way. But I much rather have the regulator connected with teflon tape and that. I could always move yhe pressure relief to the bottom and connect the regulator there if it works. That was I can still use it for filling tires/ air sprayer tool for cleaning pff dust or whatever.

Thank everyone !!!
It'll work. You've already got a quick disconnect AND a tank shown in those pictures. If you don't know anything about any of that, the small screw valve at the bottom of that tank you've shown should be opened every time you use it when you're done. That little tank's gonna build up moisture fairly quickly simply due to it's small size and the cycling of the air within it. A regulator connected to that quick disconnect and a moisture trap downstream of that regulator just before your airbrush will be ideal. The closer your moisture trap is to the tool, the better. Most of the moisture in a compressed air system comes from the pressure drops each time you squirt air and drop the pressure inside the tank/system and far less to do with the intake air conditions.

Rob.

It'll work. You've already got a quick disconnect AND a tank shown in those pictures. If you don't know anything about any of that, the small screw valve at the bottom of that tank you've shown should be opened every time you use it when you're done. That little tank's gonna build up moisture fairly quickly simply due to it's small size and the cycling of the air within it. A regulator connected to that quick disconnect and a moisture trap downstream of that regulator just before your airbrush will be ideal. The closer your moisture trap is to the tool, the better. Most of the moisture in a compressed air system comes from the pressure drops each time you squirt air and drop the pressure inside the tank/system and far less to do with the intake air conditions.

Rob.
Awesome thank you, its been about 11 years since I have airbrushed, and I had just ordered a full kit from amazon so I didnt have to worry about anything fitting together. Hopefully I'll be up and going by this weekend

Latest posts

Back