Amount of paint

hooterville75

How much paint should it take to complete the painting of a 1/24 OR 1/25 nascar ? Im using Testors for the moment because thats what I have until my new paints get here. Im using a Aztek Brush with propellant until I update my airbrush set up. It seems that every car I paint, Im using a 1 OZ bottle of Testors for the main color. I had to paint no more then ten smaller parts, the chassis, the body, and the roll cage red. Im already through one 1 OZ bottle and working on the second of the main color. Is this common or am I doing something wrong ?

That is part of the problem when using the cans of air...no control over how much air is going through the airbrush, basically a glorified spray can of paint really, so to answer your question, yeah, probably.

Once you get a proper airbrush set up, you will find you will use much less paint.

Scott, Im hoping the Yeah, probably is that its common because of the airbrush setup I have right now hahahaha. ;D

also do you thin your paint?? if not that maybe why! i thin my paint to a 2%milk consistancy witch will vary from 40% to 60% thinner.

The only car i painted was a 1/24 67mustang hand brushing it took about 1/2 can of Humbrol paint for 3 coats of paint on the body

Latest posts

Back