ArmorFarm

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
ok just had a quick look, not a lot to see :D i presume you will be adding more to the site in time?

and $12 for a Tow cable is Rip off i can get a brass one for £3-4 with resin ends. mabe its a typo? the other stuff is kinda pricy but thats to be expected when you have such a neat product and i cant wait to Order some, i just hope shipping is not going to prevent me from doing so.

spud said:
and $12 for a Tow cable is Rip off i can get a brass one for £3-4 with resin ends. mabe its a typo? the other stuff is kinda pricy but thats to be expected when you have such a neat product and i cant wait to Order some, i just hope shipping is not going to prevent me from doing so.

Well 4 Euro is about $5.20 US and there are two on the package, not one which would then equal about $10. 40 so while still more expensive it's not quite what you would call a rip off. Plus, you are probably talking about some springy Karaya type brand that doesn't hold it's shape well, which this is nothing like.

The resin ends are really just re-casts of the kit parts so, if that's what's important feel free to purchase other brands. ;)

...as far as shipping costs, it's all right there on the site for you to see before buying.

Thanks for your fair and honest feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I used the brass one on my panther and it held its shape so far :) I taught there was only 1 cable for 12 so it's not so bad for 2 I guess. I'll have a look into buying some stuff next week with some luck.

Really looking forward to trying some of the stuff out

Got me a ton of stuff ;D I wish you guys all the best for this! Fair prices (even fairer with the uk exchange rate :D) Cant wait for the german boxes ;) Well done on the site as well easy to navigate and handy vids. Great.

Got some stuff for the shop as well, probably depleted the stocks a fair amount....and even I was too late to get some that I wanted

Elm City Hobbies said:
probably depleted the stocks a fair amount....and even I was too late to get some that I wanted

i kinda noticed ya greedy git :p

Are you planing on HD videos? Compression from the YouTube encodes looks a little messy, since it's 480px wide but the embed is 920px.

You could use Vimeo - even the free account offers much better encoded video quality over YouTube.

Everything on my site, Art of the Title â€" http://www.artofthetitle.com â€" is Vimeo-based.

Those are actually filmed on a Kodak Zi8 @ 720, not 480 (and when I try to select the 'quality' setting on youtube, it's set at 360, perhaps for speed and simplicity in uploading) so while they might be a bit fuzzy, for a free how to video to assist in using the product as intended, they will have to do for now. I think they showcase the proper use of the product well enough for now, which is most important IMO.

Maybe in the future we can see about upgrading the quality, but the hours that have gone into the footage we have on file thus far, as apposed to the 30 seconds of they give us will have to suffice for the time being.

The encoded file on YouTube is 360p, not 720p HD, so that's why it looks the way it does.

The videos are great btw, don't get me wrong. If they were filmed in HD all the better since you should be able to swap those out for a higher quality version.

Yes,

I went and looked on youtube mentioned that in my edit in the post above, I would assume it was done that way to speed up the upload and get the content on the site quicker for those who had already purchased product.

Perhaps we can readdress them in the future. 8)

Just picked up some leaf litter and Propaganda Posters....cant wait to see the haul :) Prob should have got some saplings before they sell out, but oh well. Next Time Gadget!

i taught the vids were fine for what they wanted to show,

Quality freak is good. I simply had a bit of a rushed day Friday, getting the site live. I rendered the vids at 360 to save on upload time.

Congrats on getting this up and running! I think everything looks beautiful even more so coming out og the gate!! ;)

I was lucky enough to pick up the Printable Sets as well as some other items including the tow cables at the AMPS East Show. I can only give my opinion at this point from what I am seeing 1st hand. The printable are ALL that. Crisp details with plenty selection in one package to suite any project. As for the tow cables...simplified....perfect! The 2 lengths being 10" is more than enough to take care of at least to vehicles if not more. I need to make up a cable for a T 34/76 and I am finding that I can get two from one piece...which is ideal!! I cannot say enough about the way the product handles...you can squeeze it into a ball and it just stays! Period. Grab both ends and pull taught and it is back to straight....period!

I am really looking forward to playing around with everything real soon!! ;)

Latest posts

Back