Awwww yeah. New supplies have arrived !

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
6998349755_161b404942_b.jpg

6852224900_3e0d47fa75_b.jpg

All for only 60 shipped :)

Starting up a paint collection costs some serious dough.....

Agreed on the cost of establishing a new set of paint. I'm transitioning to Vallejo acrylics and mah wallet - ouch! Hopefully I like their stuff or I'll be moving to Tamiya just like yourself.

i prefer tamiya for spraying but vellajo for brush. and if doing a white wash on a tank you cant beat tamiya because the vellajo comes of in chunks.

at the mo im trying out the vellajo air german grey and it seems nice

I've used the dark metallic grey on a brush and it flows fantastic...it goes on a bit thick and the jar develops a skin at the top if you don't work quick. I personally love the wide open jars and the easy pick color cap. I'll be dabbling in the airbrush work once I finish up some sanding a seam filling on my M48A2 ( the thing has been a nightmare so far - gaps and seams a 1/4" wide :( ). Anyone know of a place to get some cheaper paint with a one time shipping fee?? I know the average is 3-3.50 USD per jar but I'm not to keen on paying 5 dollars shipping per jar from Amazon

I know right ?! I started a cart with 6 colors in it and expected the 5 dollar shipping charge...when I opened the cart to a total of $70 US. Ridiculous! I ordered my current haul from ehobbies and they're ok. I just know there's a way to gather up some more paint cheap. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will be dumping a load of paint off in the forums like before :)

Lucky Model Hong Kong is pretty Cool for shipping cost !

for example... "AK i." stuff.. 5.29$ a bottle for example even cheaper than the States.... they charged me 2.80$ shipping for that first bottle ! that's a whole lot better than your 5$ or my 20$ from the USA!

11 bottles later.... only 8.22$ US for shipping to Canada... from China !!! Even Beats shipping from USA!

Although if you live in the USA.... shipping from New York to San Francisco is only 7.50$ US... so.. I must go, where my wallet tells me !

Shopping on Amazon isn't always the best of ways....

Shop around !
Best of luck !

Norm.

TBadger for tools keep Harbor Freights in mind. I was just in there last week and couldn't believe the sales they were running. Those "spare hands" you showed in the pic....$2.99! A tube of those plastic clamps (22 in all) $3.99. Mini bar clamps....the ones with the trigger.... .99ea. i picked up a pair of protective eye wear for $1.99 and a Magnifying visor for 5 bucks. Now much of their tools are indeed cheaply made (you get what you pay for) but for use in this hobby their a homerun.

Thanks for the tips. My closest HF is about an hour away and it's a rather small hole in the wall location. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip for those trigger clamps though, Lowes wants 18.99 for 2 mini ones that only open to 8 inches

I have both sets of clamps. The ones from Harbor and the ones from Lowes. Yes the lowes clamps are more expensive, but I have broken 4 of the clamps from HF. And not a one from Lowes. You can also get the clamps from amazon, and I think they are bit cheaper.

Latest posts

Back