BSG Blood & Chrome

Looks amazing.

I've sent my email to syfy. Hope you guys do the same.

I mentioned in my email, that it would be fine to get a 10 or 12 episode season, as opposed to a lengthy, expensive 22-24 episodes.

We can only hope now. A web-series would be better than nothing though.

only probllem with a web series is us europeans wouldnt get to see it because of restrictions,

You mean Syfy still shows sci-fi content?
Last I checked they were heading down the same road Mtv and VH-1 went (the road of showing content other than what their netwrok name implies).
Last time I watched, Syfy was showing wrestling!? WTF! to that!

They should go back to carrying content like UFO, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, etc. Or better yet do a remake for Space Above and Beyond, UFO, Time Tunnel, etc.

spud said:
only probllem with a web series is us europeans wouldnt get to see it because of restrictions,

+1

Plus, the way Sci-Fi is considered here is not the perfect ground to have something quick and respectfull... Let me talk, someday, about the french dubbed version of Galactica... :(

Seems more news came to light today on it. SyFy has since decided to "Pass" on making it a series on the network.

They are going to do some webisode stuff later on, and will show the Blood & Chrome pilot as a stand alone movie at some point, but as to a TV series, that idea is apparently dead.

Small minded on their part, IMHO, but then again, the SyFy as long since been forgotten on that network anyway, so I guess it really should be no surprise.

Frankly if I was NBC (SyFy's owner), I would green light this to a series on NBC, prime time. It would be better than 90% of the other crap they have, and likely in the top 5 rated shows on NBC.

But, then again, what do you expect from a bunch of small minded people?

Ah, that's too bad. I'm not surprised either, considering the state of the network.

I think it all comes down to risk and partly small minded-ness. They took a risk with Stargate Universe and the writers and low budget screwed that up. Any new space-based sci fi projects are automatically painted with the same brush.

Big shame. Looking forward to the pilot, but the webisodes might not be up to scratch. True about the european thing, but there are other ways to watch it.

OK, don't kill me but I haven't seen the remake. *ducks the flying tomatoes*

After watching that trailer, I may have to rectify that! Talked to the Mrs and she's excited, she'll be watching the trailer later. Love the Viper fighter design - so cool!

Oh, WOW :eek: Can't wait to see that - no matter would it be on TV or as vebisodes. I know that trailers as a rule get 99,999% of what is worth seeing in the whole moovie, but still cant help keeping high hopes for this.

Latest posts

Back