Camo stencil or freehand

I use tape, PostIt notes, poster tack, and paper. But I've also sprayed camo freehand, too.
Like anything else, it takes practice to develop your skill at the technique.

I've been doing my camo freehand if I want a soft edge. I have some British builds to do and they have hard edge camo so I'll either mask or stick with freehand and not worry about the hard edge. Since I've been doing freehand camo it's much easier than having to do all the masking. Bummer that you can't paint inside, but as soon as you get good weather go outside and do some practicing with the airbrush. Or, get or make a paint booth so weather is not an issue. You have the brush, put it to use. It's a game changer.

have not even used my air brush yet and i have had it for over a month. Cant do it inside and been too hot outside
I had my airbrush for a long time before I actually used it. I practiced with rattlecans to try and develop things like a light touch on applying the paint, till I worked up to using the airbrush.
It was also a while between the time that I got the brush, and finally bought a compressor and tank, too.

Latest posts

Back