Chrome pens

papaof2

Went to LHS in search of best chrome paint. Owner suggested chrome pens. After a little discussion price quoted at $16. I'm a big fan of buying local but had to pass as I know paint pens usually don't last long once opened. A few days later was looking at Alclad on various sites and got a pop-up for chrome pens on Amazon. 3 sizes for 9.99. Ordered a set and used on the bumpers for my 240Z currently on the board. Quite surprised they look really good. Only time will tell how they hold up, but for now I'm happy.

I have 2 chrome pens that I have been using about 3 years now, I think they are the Molotow brand but don't remember for sure

Molotow chrome pens are great but they are prone to finger prints. Everytime I use it for rims/bumper retouch/certain engine components (blowers, air cleaner, etc…), I let it cure for a week or longer before handling it.

Molotow chrome pens are great but they are prone to finger prints. Everytime I use it for rims/bumper retouch/certain engine components (blowers, air cleaner, etc…), I let it cure for a week or longer before handling it.
Never had problem with them. I let it cure for about an hour, then the paint is solid no finger prints

Latest posts

Back