Confessional

adampolo13

So, I am home from work for the next few weeks packing and getting ready for the big move. The reality is we have a company that is coming in to pack everything. Although I am going to pack my stash, man cave stuff on my own. I ordered a few kits the other day, actually my wife ordered them for me as a surprise but the company sent me the confirmation email by mistake. So, now that I know the models are coming I am counting down the second the mailman is here. I check the "status" tracker every 2 minutes. AHHH My confession, I am mentally obsessed with the kits arriving. I am pacing back and forth, every time a big truck goes by my ears perk up in anticipation for the mailman. Can anybody relate? The worst part is I can't even start to build them. Haha. They are going right into the stash.

Am I a total addict at this point, or are there others out there that do the same thing?

Later,

Adam

welcome to the club man!!

i do the same thing when i know i have something in the mail! My GF get home before me and the first thing i ask her after my hello kiss is "Was there mail today??"

I've become quite obsessed with bidding on all the inexpensive older Tamiya kits on eBay recently, and I haven't even finished my first model yet!

Is it just me? The more i get excited or worked up about a model package coming in the mail the longer it takes. ;D

I totally relate. I get all OCS and antsy waiting for something to come in.....always checkin the FedEx or UPS tracking and getting excited to hear anything outside. I have a preemptive alarm though, since my dogs tend to go crazy only for the sound of the garbage truck, and the Delivery vehicles. It's sometimes painfult to wait on something. Even worse when it's a surprise for someone and they might get home before you :) I've had to leave work for a quick break to drive across town and pick up a box sitting outside so the wife doesnt see it ;)

I'm currently sitting on pins and needles waiting for my iPhone5 to arrive....1-3 weeks :mad:

I totally forgot about the "run home quick to pick up the package before the wife see's it." That's a good one too. Haha

Order some stuff from HobbyLink Japan...it's crazy, like the ultimate christmas package from overseas. Takes damn near a month too! :eek:

Having one from Squadron shipped straight to me at work. So, yes, I know the feeling

Quaralane said:
Having one from Squadron shipped straight to me at work. So, yes, I know the feeling

I like the "ship to work" idea. I'll have to use that one next time.

I'm the same way.

I recently got a package from ECH, I found myself checking Canada Post tracking all time.

adampolo13 said:
Quaralane said:

I like the "ship to work" idea. I'll have to use that one next time.
Well, they were shipping via FedEx, so that way I knew someone would be there to sign for it

Latest posts

Back