Decals...

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
in a few weeks i am about to embark on my greatest build ever, the 1/32 scale Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang... however, i have no way of obtaining good decals for her.... i have a set for the 1/48th scale version from a really good buddy... and i do not yet have the size for the decals mapped out, but i will soon enough... can anyone out there help me with Decals, printing them?

MORE DETAILS!

Decalinstructions.jpg

basically

i need 2 Ace Of Spades for the sides, just the letters
2 pin ups
2 DKs for (DK-13)
2 13s (DK-13)
1 American Flag
1 larger cross pirple with barbed wire (if not i could just try masking a cross.)
1 smaller cross, color un decided...
2 skulls with fangs and avaitor cap
4 Spades (possibly, i may just hand paint them or mask them like i always do.)

what i want to do is set up the images for Decals for myself, Email them to the person who is willing to print them for me on Decal sheet, may need white and clear... then use them once i get to the painting stage... which may i add wont be for a while... if anyone can help, please... i really could use it.

Dude,

one of my prizes was a custom sheet from Andy's Alps Decals. I hardly ever use decals, I almost alwasy spray my markings with use of a stencil.

Maybe if he's willing, you can have my prize and he can make this sheet for you?

Can't hurt to ask.

if thats what you want its fine with me... doesn't bother me any, i could really use the help, need someone to print them, i dont have a good enough printer for printing decals... i could always go get decal sheet and print them myself, but it would look like junk.

Seriously, the prize is wasted on me.

Even if I came up with something for him to make, it would sit in a drawer. I use decals maybe once or twice a year and only if I have to. I much prefer spraying them or using dry transfers.

Count me in to Ace. I received one too. This way, maybe you can get the white and clear backgrounds!!! ;)

ScaleModelMadman said:

Even if I came up with something for him to make, it would sit in a drawer. I use decals maybe once or twice a year and only if I have to. I much prefer spraying them or using dry transfers.

so i just ask him what i want made and he can make it for me? dude that would kick butt man!!! some serious Decals for her... ooh im druling thinking about it... how do i get ahold of him to ask?

Thank you so much man.. your saving me so much trouble...

@TRM
Thanks bud, maybe i can get a couple of sets of decals... so if i Fudge up one... ill have another!

Daniel,

like T said, just send him a PM and let him know that if he's cool with it, some of the prize winners would like to give their prizes to you so you can have custom decals for your big bird. I know he makes great stuff and custom decals are really cool, I just don't use much and it wouldn't be fair for me to have him make me something I may never use.

He'll even save on shipping now that two sets can go to one address. If you want, in your PM just link to this thread so he can read it first hand.

Mate, woulda printed you some (they'd be on different coloured backgrounds) if you wanted, if this doesn't work out shoot me a PM. :) What kit's it for? Dragon, Tamiya...?

Ace , I can do these up for you no problem. .. If you click my signature, You will see my email near the top of the page. I will go ahead and set up a 1/32 p51 3 view, so I can verify the sizing,Any measurements you can give me will be extra helpful as well.
Before printing them, I'll email you a pdf page of the set that prints to size so you can check them out and if needed, do some final tweaking .

TRM and Ken ,Thanks for This idea,, sounds like a winner.

I can print the white , so they will all be on one sheet, all of the artwork will be backed with a hidden white as well so they stay vivid over the dark areas.
(I also toss in extras, to play with, test clear coats on ..ect)

sound good ?

Andy

Thank you Andy & Ken!!

Ace, Enjoy buddy!! It's awesome knowing that they will be put to some great use!!! Now you can sit back and relax a bit. Make sure you post those up when you get them, would love to see the finished product!! Now get building!!! ;)

ScaleModelMadman said:

Ken , don't forget I do custom cut masks as well ...All of my bf109 emblems were sprayed on using my digital cut masks and I made a set of canopy,wheel well and camo pattern masks for it as well.
If you ever need something like that, keep me in mind.

Will do Andy, I'm not sure if I was aware you did masks as well.

Good to know.

*and thanks for hooking Ace up, it feels good to give stuff to people. ;D

ScaleModelMadman said:
I hardly ever use decals, I almost alwasy spray my markings with use of a stencil.

OK, now I get it! I was wondering why the markings on "Finders Keepers" looked so darn real.

Really nice gesture Madman and TRM! Ace, you'll be rockin' this thing bigtime now!!

RocketSilo said:
Ace , I can do these up for you no problem. .. If you click my signature, You will see my email near the top of the page. I will go ahead and set up a 1/32 p51 3 view, so I can verify the sizing,Any measurements you can give me will be extra helpful as well.
Before printing them, I'll email you a pdf page of the set that prints to size so you can check them out and if needed, do some final tweaking .

TRM and Ken ,Thanks for This idea,, sounds like a winner.

I can print the white , so they will all be on one sheet, all of the artwork will be backed with a hidden white as well so they stay vivid over the dark areas.
(I also toss in extras, to play with, test clear coats on ..ect)

sound good ?

Andy

so you have a alps printer or a printer that prints AWESOME!!!! so i can do the spades, you can also size the designs? awesome awesome awesome! sounds good to me man, ill get you the designs as soon as i can, working on them now... may get them too you in a week or two, is that alright? so i can make some size corrections... then you can fine tune them if you wish.

thanks bud. this will help me a trailer load!

That's fine Ace, whenever you are ready let me know.If you need some help with the drawings shoot me an email, maybe I can help out . yes they are Alps printed , I have 2 printers.

Normally I do the artwork in vector format using Illustrator to be able to size without the artwork turning blurry and jagged like a jpeg or bmp will.... but I can work with whatever you draw up.

RocketSilo said:
That's fine Ace, whenever you are ready let me know.If you need some help with the drawings shoot me an email, maybe I can help out . yes they are Alps printed , I have 2 printers.

Normally I do the artwork in vector format using Illustrator to be able to size without the artwork turning blurry and jagged like a jpeg or bmp will.... but I can work with whatever you draw up.

thats awesome! just sent you the stuff, hope it helps, if you need anything more, just give me a shout!

Latest posts

Back