F-35B Lightning II on the USS Wasp

LOL...that is pretty cool BS1!!! Whole different process on take-offs and landings!!! Little more relaxed it seems! Thanks for posting!! ;)

spud said:
cool. it looked to be a safer way of landing

Yeah, as long as what you think is underneath you is still there when you "touch " down!.

I am sure it has a downward facing camera as well as a distance finder so the pilot knows how far above the ground they are.

It truly is an amazing jet. It's price tag could break the bank though at 150 million a pop compared to the Harrier that their replacing at 24 mill. A few story's several weeks back reported that John McCain said the project is proving too costly and is the biggest failure, investment-wise, the country will ever see. The Marines are asking for 340 of these birds and I couldn't figure out the math on my calculator....too many zero's. There's talk of already selling these to some European and Middle Eastern countries willing to spend a kings ransom to get their hands on them.
My opinion, though it means very little, is that if the U.S. is already willing to sell these jets they must have something else brewing in the works. I don't think we're willing to sell what we can't take down.

This aircraft was first set out to be sold to many foreign countries. There has to be about 20-25 nations signed on to purchase the aircraft once it is ready, so this is no surprise. Is designed to replace the F-16 and the Legacy F/A-18....ton of countries fly those already.

It is over priced however, and I think better aircraft out there, available now, for much less that can do the same job as good if not better.

Latest posts

Back