gloss coats

Sam

hey all . ive seen alot of people use a certain type of furniture polish w their AB for an awesome looking finish. i was curious if i could use same stuff but apply with a brush :-[ or am i only able to use the rattle can option?

If you are referring to Future, it doesn't come in a spray can.

However it can be airbrushed as well as brushed on. Just careful not to go too heavy as it is about the consistency of water and can run very easily.

\m/ ;D thank you. such good news lol. i checked out ECH website and i must say .... very impressive merch and i had no issues with navigation

Thank you! Website was done my Mr. Givan's firm (same guy that owns this site). Very happy with it....and better someone does it that knows what they are doing as opposed to myself who just knows enough to be dangerous.

The Vallejo clear varnishes that come in matt, satin, and gloss are very nice, but they come ready to airbrush and don't tend to brush well.

Model Master acrylic clears are decent.

Tamiya and Model Master make spray can clears that work well, but you don't want to spray them over acrylics because they are lacquers.

Sam like EC Hobb said you can brush or AB Future. If I may suggest thinning the Future down with water (1:1 ratio) to eliminate any chances of Future drying in spotty areas. What happens is when the straight Future dries it can give a cloudy appearance if it laid down too thick. When it's applied thinner you cut your chances down from this happening. You just might have to lay layers of Wet Future down several times to build up the glossiness your looking for.

thanks glorfindel after only 2 applications with a 1:1 ratio is was :eek: i sat back in amazement lol. yes! i did this!!! but after a few minutes i realized i forgot one last effect..... i was goin to add gun smoke on the cannon and exhaust as well. i was considering using my pastel chalk but i was unsure. can i use them or should i use pigments and if so who would u recommend. thanks in advance

Sam said:
thanks glorfindel after only 2 applications with a 1:1 ratio is was :eek: i sat back in amazement lol. yes! i did this!!! but after a few minutes i realized i forgot one last effect..... i was goin to add gun smoke on the cannon and exhaust as well. i was considering using my pastel chalk but i was unsure. can i use them or should i use pigments and if so who would u recommend. thanks in advance

Let the future dry completely, then if you have any Satin or Matt varnish, you can lightly paint it on to the areas where you want the gun smoke and cannon exhaust stains, once dry, continue with your pastels for your staining. You can use the pastels over the gloss as well, just there isn't much of any "tooth" for the pastels to bite into.

Sam, no worries about the weathering step. EC Hobbies is dead on about the application. Dull down the sheen of the Future then your in. I prefer a dull coat of Model Masters Flat Clear Acryl shot through my AB but the satin is outstanding too. These clear coats give more tooth for your pastels or pigments to bond too then the Future alone. When your completely finished with all of your weathering one final clear coat to seal everything in is all you need and your done.

Latest posts

Back