Hobby shop business is good.....Check out my new ride!!!

Elm City Hobbies

IMG_6106-vi.jpg

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

LOL....as if.

Customer's car, he ran over something and put a few chips in the rocker panel, and stopped in to see if I had a Vallejo color to touch it up for now until winter when he can get it in for professional work to fix it.

So I went out and snapped a few photos of the car, and he said jump in it and I will take your picture. So voila!

But holy hell what a hard car to get in and out of.

Here are some more shots:

IMG_6101-vi.jpg

IMG_6102-vi.jpg

IMG_6103-vi.jpg

IMG_6104-vi.jpg

IMG_6105-vi.jpg

na wouldnt suit you. it would mess with teh har too much ;D

its a nice car but a pointless one because you can only go so fast legaly ;D

I can almost picture you wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Tigers ball hat. Man that wind screen is low! Im sure both would be busy picking bugs out our hair if we rode around in that with the top down. Pretty cool none the less, even if it isnt from Maranello.

Carsenault said:
I can almost picture you wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Tigers ball hat. Man that wind screen is low! Im sure both would be busy picking bugs out our hair if we rode around in that with the top down. Pretty cool none the less, even if it isnt from Maranello.

Yes...I know the guy, and scolded him when I found out he traded his Ferrari 360 for this. Said he got a good deal, so good he couldn't refuse....but again....its not a Ferrari.

Looks great, sounds even better, but what a pig to get in and out of. I actually made a joke that it would probably be easier to get in and out of if you just hopped over the door, and he made a reference to Magnum PI as well! LOL

This one cost a fortune, the guy has really have fat pockets to trade his Ferrari to a Lamborgini

As being me one of these FAT POCKETS ((( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ))) I´m more on Blentley and on Maybach stuff... ;D

Come on, come on, tell us the truth: there was no engine under the bonnet... all that model was made with Evergreen... confess!!! ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
RG

PD: Spectacular car, man :D

Nope...was real, drove in and drove out...sounded great doing so.

2 things wrong with this car that I could see (other than it not fitting my svelte body)

First, it was an automatic. I mean who spends that kind of money on an exotic car like this, just to ruin it by getting the Auto. And no....didn't have the paddle shifters on the wheel. In fact, there was no gear shift at all. Where the gear shift would normally go were 3 buttons, P, R, and D. Shame.

Second...........it wasn't a Ferrari

Elm City Hobbies said:
Nope...was real, drove in and drove out...sounded great doing so.

2 things wrong with this car that I could see (other than it not fitting my svelte body)

Second...........it wasn't a Ferrari

My sentiments exacly...

I could forgive it not being a Ferrari, IF it hadn't been an automatic.
AUTOMATIC? You gotta be KIDDING ME!

Quaralane said:

the "automatic" in this car is not the same automatic in moms oldsmobile, these automatics are actually manual transmissions that computer shift. they can change gears in the milliseconds, and are actually perform the task better than a human can. albeit not as fun.

whiskee said:
Quaralane said:

the "automatic" in this car is not the same automatic in moms oldsmobile, these automatics are actually manual transmissions that computer shift. they can change gears in the milliseconds, and are actually perform the task better than a human can. albeit not as fun.

No...actually it isn't. It is a true automatic the whole way. Push the button for drive and away you go. Now that being said, I am sure the automatic tranny in it will shift much faster than your average automobile, but it is still an automatic, put your foot on the gas and go, with no way to change the gears even if you wanted to.

Lamborghini's transmissions are not automatics. They are manual transmissions that are robitically shifted by computers and a series of hydraulically actuated servos. The owner can select a program that will do the shifting for him if he desires it.

These transmission have a clutch also - just no clutch pedal. Clutch actuation is also computer controlled. What you get for your extra $6000.00 is a standard 6-speed transmission whose shift points can be measures in milliseconds instead of hundredths of a second, and even though i do not own one, I am sure there are shift paddles behind the steering wheel that allow one to actually shift manually as well.

source: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4965137_egear-transmission-work.html

Considering I sat in the car, looked it all over, looking for shift paddles because there was no manual shifter, I can tell you with confidence, that there were none, and even asked the owner (whom is the one taking the picture of me in the car) and he said NO...it is a full automatic. Push the button that says D and mash the go peddle.

No, it isn't your daddy's oldsmobile, but other than P for Park, R for Reverse and D for Drive......there is no way to manually shift the gears on this particular Lambo. It is an Murcielago...which they don't make anymore, and before they put the E gear crap in it.

Latest posts

Back