hobby shop locations

Sam

hey addicts! i was curious if anyone out there is in the orlando fl, area? if so are there any GOOD shops i can visit to get all my needs . so far i have only found hit or miss spots . or should i just continue to order online? thank you all in advance \m/

Hey Sam ,

I live down in homestead FL, which is basically the last town before you get on the 18 mile stretch to Key Largo,
and the only hobby shops with in a reasonable distance down by me mainly specialize in RC stuff.
There is one little privately owned hole on the wall joint but every time i go in there, it seems that the old guy in charge gets more and more unfriendly, i even try to ignore his attitude and go in with happy positive thoughts and think well maybe he was having a bad day last time but he just gets worse and worse.
The last time i went in i asked if he had any putty, all i got was a loud "NO, we don't sell putty", then i saw some packs of Squadron Green Putty behind the counter on the wall, i pointed this out to him and he said "Thats filler not putty" so i was feeling a bit pissed at this point so i said so why does it say putty on the tube, he just looked at me with a very superior look on his face and said "you want it or not", need less to say i told him what he could do with his putty/filler and have never been back.

Sorry for the rant but i can't stand people who just can't be nice, especially if they own a store, (if you don't want customers, don't open a store), and with the limited selection of stores, the next closest is in North Miami, about 1,1/2hrs thru nightmarish traffic, i just get frustrated at not being able to pop to the store when i need something in a hurry.

I think there is a Hobby town USA in Fort Lauderdale but South Florida seems to be a bit of a dry area when it comes to realy good hobby shops

Anyhoo good luck with your search

Gagster

thanks for the reply. omg i know exactly what u mean. there is a small shop close to home but like u said the employees usually just ignore you. so needless to say i have been kinda forced to go there but i was always disapointed the majority of the time because they just didnt have it. so i begun to order online but accidentally thanks to my wife i stumbled across a goldmine. i was blown away :eek:. if u ever are in the orlando area please stop into colonial photo and hobby. their website is inferior but in store is a modeling addicts paradise

I'm up in the Jacksonville area and there's the same problem here. It seems that the halcyon days of modeling were back in teh 90's and there were about 10+ shops to choose from. Right now there's a place called Hobby Oasis ( Friendly Dude, Slim picking sometimes, strange hours) and HobbyWorld ( 2 Locations, AWESOME selections, everything you'd ever need really except for kindness and OUTRAGEOUS pricing )

I'd save your money and buy online from ElmCity, Sprue Brothers or Scale Hobbyist.....even HLJ has better prices and options

agreed ! ECH for sure!!!! :p i recently canceled a paint order and am going through ECH FROM NOW ON

Sam, good choice with ECH!!! I have placed a few orders with Scott, he does a great job!!! Even here in SoCal where I live if I want to travel to a decent shop its an hour drive for me. There are 3 shops within 30 minutes of where I live but they all have pretty, well umm, not very good attiudes... Oh well, I buy online now!

Latest posts

Back