ITS MINE!!!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
but at a cost... i wanted so bad to get it from elm city hobbies... but... i could not. pay day came and i fell a few bucks short, and this will be my last payday for a while. however the good news is i finally got my Tamiya 1:32 scale P-51 D Mustang! it was almost the same price as it was at Elm City Hobbies... but shipping was dirt cheep since the product was being sold really close to Michigan. $140 bucks rather than the $160-$170 a $30 dollar savings, and i was able to order it now beacuse i got some help from the people im with right now.

sorry i could not get it from you Scott... i really wanted to... i will say this in scotts behalf, if you want someone who does a really really good job with shipping, ElmCityHobbies is the way to go baby! he had my microset and microsol in packing peanuts and bubble wrap, you could have dropped that sucker from a plane and it would be OK.

Actually $154 with shipping from me to you, so only a $14 difference (depending on the current exchange rate), but who's counting.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Actually $154 with shipping from me to you, so only a $14 difference (depending on the current exchange rate), but who's counting.

$130 Canadian for the kit, you said it was $24 us canadian for shipping that is $154 canadian... however its a little more expensive US... about 10 bucks more!

you should have got it on luckymodel and went with free shipping and saved your self about 50 more :)

13aceofspades13 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

$130 Canadian for the kit, you said it was $24 us canadian for shipping that is $154 canadian... however its a little more expensive US... about 10 bucks more!

Actually according to XE.com (the only currency conversion site I trust) $154.00 Canadian = $154.525 US, so like I said, $14 give or take.

Yeah, I have a little converter on my desktop at all times, usually set to US/PND but I switched it over to US/CAN after you guys started this conversation and I've watched it fluctuate a couple cents. There really isn't much difference between the two right now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Enough talk of exchanges.
What matters is that Ace can now built his ULTIMATE "Ace of Spades"

Quaralane said:
Enough talk of exchanges.
What matters is that Ace can now built his ULTIMATE "Ace of Spades"

it defenetly ain't happening over night thats for sure... starting with the engine first! its going to be a really slow process... one step at a time... then the cockpit, i have plans, this is gonna be done right... and the first time.

my biggest issue will be Decals... it will require a tun of custom Decals! but it will be done.

Congratulations!!! Ace... will be following your Future Ace of Spades!!!

@java
thanks bud, i am too

@fumbelthumbs
exactly, ill keep you and everyone ells at SMA posted on the build

@Quaralane
im going to try to get some help, the printer here is not so good for printing decals... i have a set fron Chiefpettyofficer... but they are for a 1/48th scale Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang and do not include all of the necessary decals.

@Grendels
Thanks bud, BEAVERNUGGETS!!!!!!

@CTspeedshop
thanks bud, i am excited too!

well guys, my biggest issue is Decals for this build, thats my biggest fear... i don't have a good printer, so if anyone is willing to help me, maybe i can scrounge up some more money, but this beauty requires special decals.

Give it a little time, and I am sure that pretty that decals for pretty much every US P51D that ever flew will be out on the market. Quite a few out now to choose from.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Give it a little time, and I am sure that pretty that decals for pretty much every US P51D that ever flew will be out on the market. Quite a few out now to choose from.

but the Ace Of Spades was never a plane that really flew during WWII, i have to custom make the Decals for it.

Latest posts

Back