Maschinenkrueger

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hot Gee Whiz! This stuff is soooo cool. I have recently come back to the hobby, and by nature i tend to spend a lot of time researching things, especially when picking up a new hobby or returning to an old one. I found these models when browsing the interwebz and all i can say is WOW.. Reminds me of steampunk type stuff.

Now that i have found it i am having a hard time finding a kit seller to get some of these. ( funny i have bought almost 10 kits in the last 2 weeks and have yet to 'really' start into one other than some base assembly and dry fitting.. HAHA. Does anyone have a trusted seller of these awesome kits? I need 2 or 3 or maybe a dozen! LOL...

Thanks for any advice....

Hi, Hook, try HobbyLink Japan: www.hlj.com. You can find some of the latest kits there.

I troll eBay for kits, too. I use a search on keyword "maschinen krieger" and another on "sf3d".

You might be interested in this forum, too:

http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum/

A clarificiation--the subject is "Maschinen Krieger", Kow Yokoyama's use of the German words, to mean "machine warriors" or "mechanized warriors". That forum is called "Maschinenkrueger" because the guy who runs it is named Krueger :D He also maintains a blog in addition to the forum: http://www.maschinenkrueger.com/joomla/ The modeling skills on display are top-notch, a lot of those guys are expert scratchbuilders.

You may find that kits are relatively expensive, compared to other subjects, but there are some factors, some similar to factors that drive up the price of other things. For one thing, the original kits were made by Nitto, from Kow's original sketches and work. Wave was a company that bought rights to produce the line, as did Hasegawa. There are a couple of makers of figures that go with the suits, too. So, you've got old kits, new kits, and relatively limited runs. On top of that, there are a lot of pirated MaK subjects out there, especially in resin.

Hope that helps!
Brad

Latest posts

Back