Meng 1/72 Dune Ornithopter - House Atreides

blakeh1

This very nicely engineered kit with some very nice features

It is a snap kit, but a few places could benefit from some glue just to keep things tight

Like with most aircraft, you have to start with the cockpit before you can close things up. Figures are very nice quality and pretty good likenesses as well

At 1/72 though, it is hard to paint all those details. I started with grey primer, then did a wash with Army Painter Sith Robes (kind of a dark brownish/black and then did some highlighting. For the sleeves and pants I mixed in a bit more brown. They look a bit messy under the high magnification, but at normal viewing distance are fine. Kind of like some fine art paintings that look like a bunch of dots or a mess of brush strokes when you lean in real close :D

P9022680.JPGP9022684.JPGP9022685.JPG

P9022676.JPGP9022677.JPG
1725373546893.png

This very nicely engineered kit with some very nice features

It is a snap kit, but a few places could benefit from some glue just to keep things tight

Like with most aircraft, you have to start with the cockpit before you can close things up. Figures are very nice quality and pretty good likenesses as well

At 1/72 though, it is hard to paint all those details. I started with grey primer, then did a wash with Army Painter Sith Robes (kind of a dark brownish/black and then did some highlighting. For the sleeves and pants I mixed in a bit more brown. They look a bit messy under the high magnification, but at normal viewing distance are fine. Kind of like some fine art paintings that look like a bunch of dots or a mess of brush strokes when you lean in real close :D

View attachment 123763View attachment 123764View attachment 123765

View attachment 123767View attachment 123766
View attachment 123768
Cool kit. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back