Modeling in confined spaces

Dusky

I'm looking to bring a few models to work on with me to uni, but I'll be stuck in a door room. I imagine many here have had the issue of modeling in a confined space at some time. I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions such as storage for tools and supplies, what supplies to bring and which ones to leave at home, best brushable primer, best low odor acrylic paints for brush painting and the best sources to purchase them, best way of covering the desk to work on a model, etc.

On the odd occassion that I have taken a model somehwere with me to work on ,I found that a Laptop case is really handy ..If you're doing small'ish models .They usually have lots of pockets /compartments in them to store your tools and few paints /fillers in ..heck you can get a few of your fav mags in too .

For paints ,probably Vallejo Model Colour ...water based /odourless ,they brush well ..and come in an eye dropper type bottle that doesnt spill ;)
Where to get them ..depends on where you are ?

And obviously some old newspapers or similar to work on ..common sense really ;)

Chris.

A tackle box to store your tools if a laptop case is not handy.

I have heard great things about vallejo for brush painting

I've had really good results hand brushing citadel paints

I would bring a few knives, some sand paper/sanding sticks, ca glue and plastic cement, a tube of putty, paint brushes, masking tape, a scriber, and some toothpicks.

Latest posts

Back