My first model show: Model Mania

Grendels

Last weekend I made the trip to Houston to try and Catch Model mania. We really didn't get there on time, there was only about an hour left when we arrived. It was down pouring really bad, so bad that the roads in and out of the convention center were flooded by the time we left. It was a good thing that we had the wife's SUV, my car would never have been able to get out of there. Here is a bit of the video I took while there:

My trip to Model Mania: IPMS Houston

Cool video G,

I feel like I've been there after seeing that

Excellent scoop on the Space Station kit

J

NICE HAUL!

I also picked up my 1st Dragon kit today, altaugh it's partially build but I got it for free so i'll turn it into somthing cool!

Too bad you got there late. Betting you missed some really good builds.

Nice haul, though

You can get really great deals at the shows.
The "Golden Hour" to buy is right before the end of the show.
A lot of vendors reduce their prices really low just so they don't have to haul all their inventory back home with them.

On the other hand, there's a trend lately for selling its at shows at retail prices (and sometimes higher).

I suggest that anyone going to a show have a tablet or a smart phone open on Sprue Brothers or other well known online retailer and check prices.

Great kits you purchased. $30 for a King Tiger and $20 for the International Space Station... :eek: :eek: :eek: I love going to model shows and finding great deals. I have attended many military model shows and found some great deals on kits. Here is a couple weeks I will be attending Wonderfest Hobby Expo. I have never been to one of these shows before. I am pumped and excited. I hoping to find some cool sci-fi kits as well as some deals.

Grendals - you may have to give Nelli a Pink Spitfire kit ...

nice score on the ISS ... and you better have the gentle men with the white jackets on standby when you build that King Tiger ... from the looks of those tracks - ;)
Are you planning a build review of the ISS ???

Interesting you have second hand sellers at the comp - our comps here in Australia (from my experience) only allow retailers, a separate weekend is run for second hand dealers ...

Tanker52 said:
Great kits you purchased. $30 for a King Tiger and $20 for the International Space Station... :eek: :eek: :eek: I love going to model shows and finding great deals. I have attended many military model shows and found some great deals on kits. Here is a couple weeks I will be attending Wonderfest Hobby Expo. I have never been to one of these shows before. I am pumped and excited. I hoping to find some cool sci-fi kits as well as some deals.

Yeah those were good deals, that is why I got them.... I did check a few prices on my phone as I was shopping. Have fun at Wonderfest, that is one show I want to attend soon. But I can't this year....

cobraleader said:
Grendals - you may have to give Nelli a Pink Spitfire kit ...

nice score on the ISS ... and you better have the gentle men with the white jackets on standby when you build that King Tiger ... from the looks of those tracks - ;)
Are you planning a build review of the ISS ???

Interesting you have second hand sellers at the comp - our comps here in Australia (from my experience) only allow retailers, a separate weekend is run for second hand dealers ...

I will take a look and see what I can find for Nelly, she has two corvettes a Titanic and a DB6 To build, not to mention a MG Justice. All of these are for her this Summer....

The tracks on that Tiger are probably the worst part of that kit. We will see when I get there, it will NOT be the first Armor kit I build, I have a few others planed first.

Latest posts

Back