Need decals of the aircraft in Lafayette escadrille for reference

GabrielFangster70

I play SimplePlanes, it's an online single player sandbox game where similar to scale modeling you build aircraft's, however you get to make each piece, and fly your own build. It's close enough to scale modeling tbh.

Since I got that out of the way and explained, I want to tell why I'm making this post, because as of now I downloaded and doing decal work On the nieuport17 and making different variants that serves in the war. But I was confused on one thing, one of the decals I was doing is based on the Lafayette escadrille: which is the French squadron which had American soldiers in them, and I was confused because the unit insignia for the squad is the head of Chief sitting bull. And each time I see a french ww1 biplane with sitting bull's head I think Lafayette escadrille. But is it true that each us pilot had chief sitting bull's head painted onto the sides of the Every nieuport and spad aircraft in the Lafayette escadrille. well back to what I was saying, I want you to send a photo of each airplane used by American pilots in the escadrille n.124 . I would appreciate it a lot

Thanks

-Gabe

Note: I'm specifically talking about escadrille n.124 specifically which is the version of the Lafayette escadrille that existed before the aef's 103 aero squadron

" " however you get to make each piece, and fly your own build. It's close enough to scale modeling tbh. "

It's not .

and no . " Sitting Bull " was not on all the US aircraft .

BUT .
Welcome to SMA !
Can you share some images ?

" " however you get to make each piece, and fly your own build. It's close enough to scale modeling tbh. "

It's not .

BUT .
Welcome to SMA !
Only on volunteer aircrafts of the Neiuports and later, Spad squadron.

Even volunteer P-40 Warhawks Dewoitines, and P-47 Thunderbolts sported them during WW2.

It's not .

BUT .
Welcome to SMA !
They weren't on all of the planes and the Lafayette escadrille, if so what us pilots didn't have sitting bull's head on their plane and how did the livery look like

I play SimplePlanes, it's an online single player sandbox game where similar to scale modeling you build aircraft's, however you get to make each piece, and fly your own build. It's close enough to scale modeling tbh.

Since I got that out of the way and explained, I want to tell why I'm making this post, because as of now I downloaded and doing decal work On the nieuport17 and making different variants that serves in the war. But I was confused on one thing, one of the decals I was doing is based on the Lafayette escadrille: which is the French squadron which had American soldiers in them, and I was confused because the unit insignia for the squad is the head of Chief sitting bull. And each time I see a french ww1 biplane with sitting bull's head I think Lafayette escadrille. But is it true that each us pilot had chief sitting bull's head painted onto the sides of the Every nieuport and spad aircraft in the Lafayette escadrille. well back to what I was saying, I want you to send a photo of each airplane used by American pilots in the escadrille n.124 . I would appreciate it a lot

Thanks

-Gabe

Note: I'm specifically talking about escadrille n.124 specifically which is the version of the Lafayette escadrille that existed before the aef's 103 aero squadron
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back