New from Colorado!

Jimbot58

Hello all!

My name is Jim and I hail from Colorado! I am looking here for a new forum to join as the one I have been active in in the past seems to be having too many problems. The site is often off-line or returns 504 gateway errors for days on end. I'm tired of it. You may already know it.

I have been modeling most of my life, from my early days of stringy tube cement and smearing paint over the model, or sometimes applying the decals right to the bare plastic. Surprisingly, I can remember almost every kit i built in those days. Regrettably, all those kits were either disposed of or destroyed as I "grew up". Some years later, I was in a hobby shop and decided I wanted to build a model again. From there, over time, I have managed to build a stash of well over 200 kits.

I am not a fast builder and I am not in a race to complete kits. I just enjoy working on projects at my own pace. I have boasted that I have a Phantom kit that took me 30 years to complete as I had started it, put it aside, took a break from building.

I also worked an N scale model railroad, but came to the conclusion I could barely afford one hobby, let alone two.

I have been mostly a builder of 1/72 scale military aircraft, but recently took up an interest in autos, mostly 60's muscle cars with a few forays into the 70's and back into the fifty's. Current projects include several Chevelle's, an Oldsmobile 442, a Dodge Charger, an F100 Ford pick-up, and various other kits. I would like to post a gallery of my completed aircraft along with WIP's of the automobiles. Should this be my new home?

Hello all!

My name is Jim and I hail from Colorado! I am looking here for a new forum to join as the one I have been active in in the past seems to be having too many problems. The site is often off-line or returns 504 gateway errors for days on end. I'm tired of it. You may already know it.

I have been modeling most of my life, from my early days of stringy tube cement and smearing paint over the model, or sometimes applying the decals right to the bare plastic. Surprisingly, I can remember almost every kit i built in those days. Regrettably, all those kits were either disposed of or destroyed as I "grew up". Some years later, I was in a hobby shop and decided I wanted to build a model again. From there, over time, I have managed to build a stash of well over 200 kits.

I am not a fast builder and I am not in a race to complete kits. I just enjoy working on projects at my own pace. I have boasted that I have a Phantom kit that took me 30 years to complete as I had started it, put it aside, took a break from building.

I also worked an N scale model railroad, but came to the conclusion I could barely afford one hobby, let alone two.

I have been mostly a builder of 1/72 scale military aircraft, but recently took up an interest in autos, mostly 60's muscle cars with a few forays into the 70's and back into the fifty's. Current projects include several Chevelle's, an Oldsmobile 442, a Dodge Charger, an F100 Ford pick-up, and various other kits. I would like to post a gallery of my completed aircraft along with WIP's of the automobiles. Should this be my new home?
Looking forward to seeing your work. Post plenty of photos. Great site here full of very helpful members. Pantherman

Welcome! This is a good place filled with great builders who are encouraging and respectful. Looking forward to see your builds.

Welcome!!!!
Many great people here and good advice, post pictures of your builds as you go, we like to see.

Latest posts

Back