Old X-Acto blades

Glorfindel

So after it's used to the point of being useless how do you guys dispose of them? I wrap mine in many layers of masking tape so any garbage handler does not accidentally cut him/her self. Anything anybody else does that is better/safer?

When I buy them, I buy the large multi pack in the dispenser. It has a slot to put your used blades in, when empty simply throw the dispenser out with the used blades safely inside.

EPIX411_2_1.JPG

I've been putting mine in a plastic medicine jar. It won't shatter or break and it the lid won't come off. It should be very safe to handle.

hmm this never accured to me, i just tossed them in the bin....... ::) from now ill be putting them in the spare empty plastic tubes they come in that i have,

What a Numpty i am....

Ken, Igard those both are great idea's. I never thought of using empty med bottles. The child proof caps are very smart for this.

I buy what Ken does. I found that when I buy the pack it is much friendlier to my wallet as well. ;D

To paraphrase Mr. Turtle from the old Toostie Roll Tootsie Pop commercial, "I don't know, I've never thrown one out". I replace the blades, but the old ones go in a mints box (eg, Altoids or some such) and I keep them for jobs that don't require a fine point, like scraping, things like that.

I suppose I might throw the old ones in the used razor blades slot of my medicine cabinet (anyone remember those little slots in the medicine cabinet?).

I use scalpel blades, but same difference...

They go in a small plastic box in the tool box and in a similar way, get used for other things.... mixing and applying small amounts of epoxy, ground into custom tool tips etc...

once this second life is over, stuck to a piece of cardboard which is then folded over and into the bin. 8)

Latest posts

Back