ooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooh, scary.

smusno

What kit are you scared to start?

Come on, you all have one. That special example that, if its not showroom quality it will break your glue fumed brain, and your paint filled airbrush tainted lungs.

Mines my 1/350 Enterprise. But it's early days yet ;)

i think if your scared then you need a new hobby.. saying that a full resin kit is daunting but not scary.

Mine would be the WnW Gotha.

I have a few others like the FM Millennium Falcon but what I'm worried about is the space to display them....not much space in this small apartment.
Hopefully 2012 may be the year I move to a bigger apartment or buy my own place! ???

Model Shipways 1/65 schooner "Bluenose", Just as well since I dont have the room to build her yet. That will take me a minimum of 2 years to build.

Besides that maybe the Dragon 1/35 King Tiger "Henschel turret' or the Dragon 1/32 P-51D, possibly the Hasegawa 1/32 Cf-104 that needs to be rescribed.

Mine would be this one from Babylon 5:

ocd_agamemnon_beauty.jpg

I have the warp models version, and I want to have the gravity section spinning like the show. I don't think I am quite ready for her yet.....

Mine are FM Millenium Falcon along with their Slave I Boba Fett's Ver.
I have plans to make an ultimate glass coffee-table for the main room, inside of which there is going to be a big dio of the Cloud City's landing pods with the Falcon and the Slave on them.
That project would require best of my painting skills, which are now imho lacking, and TONS of time, years perhaps.
But a really plan this to be the peak of my modeler's life ;D

@ Sol & Black Sheep: I too was nervous about the FM Falcon, looking at all those parts. But its the painting that really makes it shine. (that dio sounds amazing Sol)
@ Q: That ship looks awesome buddy, great design.
@ Grendels: wow what scale is your version?
I myself also worry about room, I'm quickly starting to run out of space! :-[ But I hope to buy a new place this year and have a room dedicated to me!! ;D

Grendels said:
Mine would be this one from Babylon 5:

ocd_agamemnon_beauty.jpg

I have the warp models version, and I want to have the gravity section spinning like the show. I don't think I am quite ready for her yet.....

I've got them too. The hard part will be to work with this resin that Warp used.
Really didn't enjoyed the White Star. Neither did I like to see the bubbles and the "balls" on the surface, every corner, on every kits I owned from this company. Starship Troopers, Babylon 5, even Star Trek. It will be a very BIG challenge, one you may consider that scratching the kit all by yourself would have been easier and time saving.

The only part I'm scary now with my kits is really doing it "life" with lighting. Something i'm really not good at...

And White paint surfaces. i cheat with other paint, light grey, even light blue when I can (there's a lot of white in Gundam, Macross and they really don't like the matt white paint from Enamel for example).

Look at all the positivity.

Love it ;D

Loads of, "soon", or "one day". Not, "i cant".

merseajohn said:
@ Grendels: wow what scale is your version?
I myself also worry about room, I'm quickly starting to run out of space! :-[ But I hope to buy a new place this year and have a room dedicated to me!! ;D

It is 1/4000 scale. There are a couple of build ups and reviews here:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/lt_omg.htm

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/jl_pre_omega.htm

Youli: I looked mine over when it arrived and found no problems. I bought my direct from Warp and that might have made the difference. Both of the above links gave the kit a good review.

Mine are from Warp, no bootlegs, but bought all of them on Ebay. :(

I'd have to say the Minicraft 1/350 Titanic I just recieved for Christmas has me spinning a bit. Haven't started it yet but I have examined it. I think I can handle the kit OK, but the real feat will be forming, painting and installing the 7 frets of 1/350 etch from Toms Modelworks. Gonna be a real slow go! I'll also be lighting it up. Yep, still in the planning stage with this one.

I have a 1/32 Scale Tamiya F-15E that has been sitting around since 1995. I'm not necessarily scared of it (or maybe I am), as I've started it already (completed all the ordinance) , just want it to be the best I've done and so I just never touch it unless I feel that I've mastered the techniques that I'm applying to this kit.

This 1/35 ma.k lunadiver kit. It's a big, complex kit that also comes with 2 powered armor suits. I want to do justice to the amazing model and incorporate it into some kind of diorama...thinking a moonscape or something.

At any rate it'll be one the largest kits In my stockpile for quite some time (unless I break down and order a fine molds millennium falcon!).

The 1/25 Halinski Sherman... the thing has over 12,000 parts :eek:

I'll probably just frame the booklet and not build it :-\

HMS Victory By Heller. IT IS HUGE! about 1000 parts not including all the rigging and it has a Two page instruction sheet in FRENCH. scary.

Latest posts

Back