Part scratch build of R/C HMS NORFOLK TYPE 23 FRIGATE F230 in 1/72 SCALE

BOATMAN

HI ALL well Down time said he would like to see my builds on here with lots of pics so here we go with a near full build an this ship took me 3 yrs to build as i bought a
GF HULL from Fleet scale An here is the full 6 ft hull an its a qick build for me as saves building the hull WILLpost more pics later as ive found that a lot of the pics are still imn m/b size so i will have to resize them before i can show this build
chrisb
IMG_4467.JPG

AN as it such a big hull 6ft long i always cut the hull in half an fit a water proff hull jiont in an connections plugs to carry the eletrics to the rear hull section an here the hull jiont IMG_4325.JPG

AN Sorry pics not great as had a crap camera at the time but the pics will get better an here fitting the hull jiont in the hull IMG_4326.JPG

An when fittin the hull jiont ive fitted a bit of plasti card the thickness on a hack saw blade so when the jiont is gluded in the hull i then remove the bolts an then the plasticard so i can get in a hack saw blade to cut the hull in half an here cuttin the hull IMG_4330.JPG

AN when painted black i get this an the bolts are fitted in an they slide throegh brass slevess so the holes dont wear big an this is the finished hul jiont with the eletric plug connections front part of the hull IMG_3975.JPG

An the stern section also fitted with the eletric plugs fitted so both parts of the hull just slide into each other an then to hold it togeather there are butterfly nuts to pull the hulls togeather an water tight
well that will do for now if there is an intrest in the build from members then i'll carry on posting the build
chrisbIMG_3976.JPG

Last edited:
Back