Primer - Polishing

hooterville75

I've probably already asked this question already in here as well as in email to Doc Cranky but I for some reason cant find my notes about this so as I'm making my rolodex, Id like to get this clarified and in the mix. When painting to polishing. Is the below procedures correct ?

Primer - Paint - Clear - Novus - Wax

Wet sand after last primer coat
3 color coats
3-5 clear coats
Novus 2
Novus 1
Wax

Do I start the buffing process with the Micro Mesh cloths AFTER the wax or BEFORE the Novus coats ?

Wetsand after the last primer coat with 1200-1500 grit
Micro Mesh buffing process with 3200-12000 grit cloths

Thanks for clarifying this again. I have the index cards ready to mark my notes down :D Thanks again guys. Appreciate your help.

Many different ways to do it.

If your paint has an orange peel effect to it, you are going to have to buff it out before putting the clear on it. Once your clear is down, you can buff it out again, as far as what grit of pad to start with...depends on how rough the clear is.

Once your clear is buffed out, you would then go on to the Novus and wax if you feel necessary.

So I don't want to clear coat any further after the buffing is done. Ok super. Thanks for the info Scott. Updated my notes. I'm going to be posting pics here very shortly within the next couple of days, as I am about to start the finishing processes on my Davey Allison Nascar model. I got a new body out of an additional kit I had of this same model and started the painting process on it again. I just put the last base coat on it earlier this afternoon. I'm pretty excited about it because before the last coat of paint I put on it I was very satisfied with the results to that point. Hoping it continues to go this well till the end :D. Thanks again Scott, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back