Proud papa!

Jeeves

And I also got to use my modeling skills for good!

Luke's scout pack had their annual Pinewood Derby today...we had some help from grandpa in cutting the shape since I am no good with that sort of thing. We took it home and sanded it up nice...bought some Tamiya spray paint and I help him mask it up in the flag scheme he wanted...sprayed some Future over it all to give it a glossy surface and we then used a coffee filter (a new one!) to shine it up...added some lead weight...and I was nervous...hopeful he would just win one race at least...but didn't he go and win first place overall...I am very proud of the boy and how he behaved!
derbywinner.jpg

And a close-up of our paint job with a few added decals from the Hasegawa Hellcat kit...
derbywinner2.jpg

We celebrated with some Stewarts ice cream (a Saratoga staple!) and are about to head out to a birthday party at the local kid's place bounce-around house...not sure who will sleep better tonight!

JEEVES,

Congrats to you both ! Especially LUKE !! Maybe this will be th lil' thing He needs to get into th Hobby ?

Great lookin racer !!

Congrats to Luke, fine looking derby car and a huge trophy. :)

I really enjoyed the pine wood cars when my sons participated in cub scouts. Great times.

Thanks guys...it truly was a great day!!

Erik...he does enjoy spending time in the Sheep's Pen (my shop) with Dad already...he has built a Hellcat already and has a Gundam robot he's been playing around with as well!

Latest posts

Back