Russian T-34 'Street fighting in Berlin'

langy

So here we go, time to post up some of my builds,

This is a dio I knocked together a while back, showing 'the moment' Russian troops de-bus from a T-34 after coming under attack whilst street fighting in Berlin..
I've included a few WIP pics. as well as the final images..

Apologies for the shed load of pics and not much in the way of explanations... this build took place over a few months.

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg
IMG_4494.jpg

I like it, well done.
I particularly like the added mesh on the T34/85........I have a book called "Bloody Streets. The Soviet Assault on Berlin ", alot of the Russian armour has that field modification in the pictures.

Nice diorama, it shows what's going on pretty well. Especially the chap at the back trying to escape by jumping off the base ;)

alot of the Russian armour has that field modification in the pictures.
It's usually called "bedspring armour", which throws off a lot of people because they think they're actual beds strapped to the tanks :) The idea was to provide extra armour against Panzerfaust hits, but probably these things could have actually made those hits worse because of the poorly understood physics behind shaped charges at the time. (Shaped charges in 1940s weapons all have too little stand-off distance "built in", which reduces their penetration from what it could be. By adding extra armour away from the main plate, chances are the warhead hits at much closer to optimum distance, increasing penetration rather than reducing it as intended.)

Back