Scissors

hooterville75

What are the best Scissors and size to cut decals that go out over the part your putting the decal on ? I cant seem to get the decals to bend around the part and alot stick over the ends. I tried to cut the decal with my blade but it seems to either rip the decal where I dont want it too or doesnt cut very easy at all. I used a pair of BIG scissors I had and it cut it but pulled it off location. I figured maybe their were scissors in particular that were made for this ???

I use a pair of small, stainless steel surgical scissors that I got at a flea market from someone who sold surplus surgical supplies (including dental picks and probes, which are good for sculpting and scraping work). You can probably find a pair in the pharmacy or health and beauty section of your grocery store or local drug store, too.

The model tool makers probably make their own, too, eg, Tamiya, Squadron, in which case, check your local hobby shop. I'm Dutchy, though, which we say around here for "cheap", so I like to look at places like flea markets, and the vendor areas of shows, for bargains.

Latest posts

Back