Thoughts on Aeromaster and Microscale decals

docsudy

Hello all:
I've started a new build and I have a question concerning decals. I'm starting to build a Tamiya razorback thunderbolt 1/48 scale and I am wondering about decals. Does anybody have experience with aeromaster and microscale decals. At first I've heard many good things about aeromaster, but then some people have said that they don't lay down very well, particularly with their larger decals. Before I get started and commit to the project, I wanted to know what others have felt based on their experience concerning these two companies products as I have both. Thanks again
Doc Sudy

Not familiar with Aeromaster decals but I do have a few of their paint line. Microscale decals are very good. Thin but very good. I've used Syhart and ModelMaster decals as well.

I get a majority of aftermarket decals from this eBay seller. He has a wide range of decal set brands.

https://www.ebay.com/str/scottsmodelworkshop
Thanks so much for your advice and experience on the matter. Really appreciate

I've used some from both brands, mostly US national insignia from WWII. I've had good results. I haven't had any issues with the decals settling down, though US roundels are a pretty vanilla application. For me, they've responded well to setting solutions, both MicroScale's products, and also Solvaset.

Thanks so much for your response and experiences. I also had no problems with aeromaster or microscale decals in the past, but my experiences are limited. I know both are somewhat thin and must be handled with care.

Not familiar with Aeromaster decals but I do have a few of their paint line. Microscale decals are very good. Thin but very good. I've used Syhart and ModelMaster decals as well.

I get a majority of aftermarket decals from this eBay seller. He has a wide range of decal set brands.

https://www.ebay.com/str/scottsmodelworkshop
Thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. I also have used Scott's model workshop for obtaining decals in the past. He does have a great variety. Thanks for the tip.
Doc Sudy

Latest posts

Back