Trumpeter 1/32 F8F-1 Bearcat

Dusky

I guess I'll give it a go. It will be built straight from the box.
IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3438.JPG

I just hope I can get everything I need to complete it by then. I need to pick up a Trumpeter Rivet Maker Tool, a scriber and flexible ruler from UMM, and then paint to finish it, but I should only need Dark Sea Blue and some Metalizers to make the engine look nice.

I got some work done today. I painted the back of the IP acetate with Mr. Color white and I've decided to use the clear IP front, rather than the PE one, which I sanded and polished to remove some scratches and then painted the back of it with Tamiya clear thinned with Mr. Color Self-Leveling thinner. I don't want to use CA and risk fogging, but I also don't really want to use clear glue which may mess up the paint and not level between the IP front and the clear acetate. I may pick up some clear epoxy. I also cemented the front and rear walls to the cockpit floor.

Note to self: don't let a printed acetate panel sit in alcohol unless you want it to be completely clean.

I was just thinking;

If you can't get ahold of a new acetate panel, why not just buy a sheet of aftermarket instruments. Something like this;

http://www.airscale.co.uk/

Might not be an exact match, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who would notice the difference...
To me it seems like a waste to have it sit in the box because of a single acetate part.

Latest posts

Back