Washes...

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
is it possible to do a wash with a charcoal pencil?

shoot some information on that for me if its possible... beacuse i have tuns of that and need some wash techniques for the Ace Of Spades P-51 when i finally get there..

Hi, Ace, I don't think it would be a wash as such, but more like using chalk pastels. I would take the charcoal pencil and rub it on some sandpaper to grind the core into dust, then brush it into the relief (like panel lines). Or you could sharpen it to a fine point and draw directly into the relief. I've done that with a regular pencil, on my Eduard P-39.

Or are you talking about using the core in a solution and brushing the liquid on? I imagine you could, if ground finely enough, and applying it before the ground pigment settles out of the liquid you'd use as your carrier. I've never tried that.

Ace , Pro-Modeller wash is the easiest and best to use on aircraft buddy ,quite cheap too ,and if you make a mistake with it ..it just washes off with water ;)

Chris.

Just make sure you seal the model before doing the washes, Ace.
Easier to fix mistakes that way

Quaralane said:
Just make sure you seal the model before doing the washes, Ace.
Easier to fix mistakes that way

Yes, listen to the truth Quaralane speaks! A nice gloss coat, decals, then a wash. Then a top coat.

I have used the method that DK uses with oil paints many times in the past. It is very easy to do and very forgiving. Oils take a few days to cure, so if you don't like it a few hours later, just clean it off.

Also, follow Quaralane's advice. Gloss coat first!

really want to try the oil paint, but the acrylic flat black is what i have plenty of XD

and a gloss coat, i will apply a nice layer of future to my model before i do weathering...

Latest posts

Back