Whats Aaron been up to?

First off congrats to all the winners of the Spring contest :)

So basically my wife graduated from college in may and started looking for a job. She is now working at the hospital in her profession. I got a promotion at work and while the pay increase is great, I am way busier now. Plus we moved back into town in July. Now that everything is settling down I can start modeling again.

When I moved into my current place I was really wanting to finally set up a place to build models exclusively.Sharing desk space with my computer was getting old so I thought about what I wanted to do.

I decided to build my own man cave with help from my dad. He had an old top to a computer desk my brother threw away when he graduated from college.So since my wife was working all weekend I decided this would be a good time to get working.Plus it was a good excuse to use a new jig and drills

IMG_20110905_161205.jpg

IMG_20110905_162049.jpg

one of two boxes built

IMG_20110905_173334.jpg

little bit of weather stripping to hold the top on

IMG_20110905_192528.jpg

top is off a scrapped computer desk (free) ;D

IMG_20110905_182130.jpg

IMG_20110905_212517.jpg

just have to finish putting shelves in.

the jig is for drilling holes at an angle so you dont split the wood. ive never used a jig for it i just use my eye dont come out perfect but no one will see it :)

spud said:
the jig is for drilling holes at an angle so you dont split the wood. ive never used a jig for it i just use my eye dont come out perfect but no one will see it :)

Yep that's pretty much it :) also you use less cuss word when building

ya ive never used one no real need if you know what you are doing, but some people do prefere to use them because its neater :)

Latest posts

Back