Where to find Anigrand ISD Kit

Dlesko

Guys, where can i find a Anigrand Imperial Star Destroyer kit? Can you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Yup eBay or wanted areas on web sites like resin illuminati etc
I've pm'd you one for sale over there. The guy also has started a dedicated Star Wars site which is realy good. starwarsmodeller.com

Hey John, i got your PM, thanks. Ive got a couple of irons in the fire hoping to get the kit a bit cheaper but i may come calling yet :). Thanks!

Yeah I got mine from a guy over at the resin illuminate and he was great to deal with, the best thing was I saved on customs because he was in Europe.

I speak from inexperience but have heard the RC kit is quite a bit more complex then the Ani. Meaning that it is tougher to build. Now wouldn't that be something if Revell came out with a 24" SD in plastic?

amateurmodeler said:
Glorfindel said:
Now wouldn't that be something if Revell came out with a 24" SD in plastic?

oh man i can only hope!

I think modelman has both the anigrand and the RC kit

I remember watching a video where he put them side by side.

I have the opportunity to compare the 2 kits (a friend owns the Anigrand, and I have the RC).

Despite the RC is "only" 25/30 cm longer (~100cm vs ~70cm ), it looks at least 2 times bigger.

About the accuracy, it depends to which Stardestroyer is prefered : ANH or ESB
For the ANH one : the Ani is closer, but not stricly accurate (sort of mix between ESB and ANH)
For the ESB SD : the RC is just perfect ! while the Ani have 2 noticable inaccuracies : a nose too sharp (easy to correct I think) and the 2 parallel strips on each side of the upper shell, all along the edge of the trench (a nightmare to correct).

Quality if the master : Anigrand first. It was certainly made on computer-controlled machines : engraved panel lines are completely straight, etc. It looks a mass product item. Its even too perfect, as, to my taste, lacks the personality of a craft item. The parts breakdown is also better designed, it really looks easier to build.

Quality of molding : Ani first again, and by far : it looks like an injection kit, without any bubble, whereas RC have some. The RC needs lot's of cleaning on the parts.

This comparison was done on the un-buildt kits, not on the final results (the 2 are still in their boxes !)
Sorry, we didn't shoot any photo that day ! (maybe another time)

Its a shame the RC is not a better made kit. Its beautiful when done but the size and amount of work make me think twice. I would really like to get my hands on an Anigrand one but I don't want to pay the ridiculous prices people are asking for on FB. I truely hope Fine Molds or Rebelled make one.

I recieved the RC on this week and have to say it is a huuuge one! :eek:

As said upper, there will be a lot of work to correct some bubbles and other little things, but I think it worth it!
Well, I haven't build something that big before, so nothing to compare to, too! ;)

Latest posts

Back