WTB, 1/48 scale Gloster Gladiator front wind screen

Motoretrolia

Looking for a good front windscreen for a Gloster Gladiator. Inpact brand model preferred although would certainly consider other brands. Thanks in advance.

That's a very old kit - 1968. Highly doubt anyone any Inpact kits now. Your best bet is try eBay.

Another idea… contact Eduard or Lindberg for replacement windscreen.

I was in hopes someone might have a spare lying in their parts box, It's relatively small item, while I can make one from clear material, it will be tough to apply canopy bracing and edging.

I was in hopes someone might have a spare lying in their parts box, It's relatively small item, while I can make one from clear material, it will be tough to apply canopy bracing and edging.
As I read this, I thought about making it with a simple smash mold. I did that for a 1/72 Airfix Fiat G50, using 2-part epoxy putty to make the mold. I could carve and sand the male piece, then make the female half from that.

But to your specific question about the framing, in 1/48, you might be able to use Dymo tape, the tape used in old-school label makers, to cut thin pieces and apply them as the framing.

As I read this, I thought about making it with a simple smash mold. I did that for a 1/72 Airfix Fiat G50, using 2-part epoxy putty to make the mold. I could carve and sand the male piece, then make the female half from that.

But to your specific question about the framing, in 1/48, you might be able to use Dymo tape, the tape used in old-school label makers, to cut thin pieces and apply them as the framing.
Good ideas, I do have a vac-formed piece I re-cycled from a packaged tool. I've trimmed it to 90% of the desired contour although to be honest, it's much thinner and clearer than the original back portion of the canopy. Perhaps the dymo tape will provide desired increase in edge thickness. Thanks.

Yeah, I've saved a bunch of the clear plastic packaging from my collared dress shirts for things like this, or for making windows in diorama buildings. And some clear plastic product or grocery packaging, too.

Latest posts

Back