YOUR NEXT EVOLUTION

Down Time

There is the core subject matter we like and are good at. Then there are subjects we consider delving into but hesitate. What subject, theme or style would you like to move onto or indulge in that you haven't attempted yet?
Mine is something I have to do, part of the diorama, and that is water scenes, I find it intimidating.

There is the core subject matter we like and are good at. Then there are subjects we consider delving into but hesitate. What subject, theme or style would you like to move onto or indulge in that you haven't attempted yet?
Mine is something I have to do, part of the diorama, and that is water scenes, I find it intimidating.
I was also hesitant to do water dioramas but I had a thought while at work watching a decorator using clear mastic as it looked a little bit like waves before he smoothed it out.

Got some floor insulation from site as a base but really anything will do. Covered it in line's of clear mastic then put on a disposable glove and just worked my fingers along the line's to kind of smooth them out. You can also lift your fingers straight up to create little crests in the water.

Did the explosion the same way, pipe cleaners twisted together covered in clear mastic. The more you touch and lift the mastic the better the effect. View attachment 20240303_115711.jpg20240309_142651.jpg20240401_085509.jpg20240401_085536.jpg

Do it outside and leave it outside to dry as it really stinks when setting. Then just prime and paint it to create a murky water or crystal blue sea. Pantherman

My main builds was armour but since joining several group builds I have done stuff that I hadn't even realised existed.

The group builds are great fun and provides alot of laughs and encouragement.

I think I would probably like to have a bash at some shipping, destroyers, cruisers, maybe a battleship. My problem is space to store the finished build. Pantherman

I was also hesitant to do water dioramas but I had a thought while at work watching a decorator using clear mastic as it looked a little bit like waves before he smoothed it out.

Got some floor insulation from site as a base but really anything will do. Covered it in line's of clear mastic then put on a disposable glove and just worked my fingers along the line's to kind of smooth them out. You can also lift your fingers straight up to create little crests in the water.

Did the explosion the same way, pipe cleaners twisted together covered in clear mastic. The more you touch and lift the mastic the better the effect. View attachment 119946View attachment 119947View attachment 119948View attachment 119949View attachment 119950

Do it outside and leave it outside to dry as it really stinks when setting. Then just prime and paint it to create a murky water or crystal blue sea. Pantherman
Thanks Mr. Panther, I'll be playing with the clear kind that you melt or pour and turns into a solid. My friend wants to see the bottom, texture, colors and debris scattered about. Never will do commission work again, this hobby is for my head, though I've learned quite a bit doing this.

" Never will do commission work again .. "
lulz .
Yeah . Having no client is heaven .
They seem to always come with a bevy of importunities . Very inconvenient and annoying .

" Never will do commission work again .. "
lulz .
Yeah . Having no client is heaven .
They seem to always come with a bevy of importunities . Very inconvenient and annoying .
the frustration goes hand in hand at the speed of their ideas.

I don't know whom I miss less .
The clientele or my crew .
Maybe the " owner's agent " . Nothing better than a third party that's completely out of the loop , and possibly out of their mind .

I don't know whom I miss less .
The clientele or my crew .
Maybe the " owner's agent " . Nothing better than a third party that's completely out of the loop , and possibly out of their mind .
Watch the movie:
The Wizard Of Speed And Time

Not available on any disc except the old laser disc, I keep a vhs player just for this movie and some other stuff.
Cartoon logic on film.

One of.my absolute favorites.
"He doesn't have a number; We'll give him one and take it away!!!"

Latest posts

Back