Great forum

Heavy 7

There is a wide variety of model types, very interesting. The models pictured or part of a post. From scratch, too kits are extremely well done.
Models are a great pass time, the greatest thing about the internet. This and the pleasure and opportunity to view such outstanding. Recreation of all things man-made miniaturized, every detail included.
Well done

This is the best forum I've run across, I don't even bother with any other forums now. Great group of folks here and I can post pics directly from my computer instead of having to use some silly photo hosting site.

Welcome!!!!
Many great people here, willing to share. Post pictures of your builds, we like to see.
I've sorta revived a hobby I walked away from around 1998 after my youngest started walking I guess.

That era of building was a revival of my younger teen years, which was a revival of when I was eight years old and coated that $1.99 Monogram 1/48 Messiesschmitt with testors glue.

Nah, that is all hype. I just started watching YouTube videos of people with incredible skill making art recently. It made me want to try again, but I decided to finish (or sell) the old kits from the 19990s before I buy something new.

This is what I finished off:
Hasegawa F86, picture taken before completion.
1716164318310.png

And two luftwaffles, one is close one far from done.
1716164390766.png

Which means I bought this, the greatest, most precise & well engineered kits I've ever seen!
1716164511756.png

Ooops, that was before the seatbelts, and I'll admit the Tamiya seatbelt kit was cray-cray (as my granddaughter would say).
1716164620930.png

I have not even started painting the exterior. This kit is INCREDIBLE! But soon I will, there's a 3-day weekend coming up ya know?

Nice work, modeling a great part of growing up. It is always with you. Plane cockpit detail like that. Man things have come a long way.
Welcome & keep on keeping on

When I was a kid our family would go to see your movies.

(pink panther right?)
Well, it's a bit of a long story. If you're sitting comfortably then I'll begin.

I started modelling around 3 years ago after a therapist advised that I needed a hobby to relieve stress, she was right, it certainly helped me. I started with cheap tank's and when posting on a thread I got a panzer mixed up with a panther hence the name. My avatar has always been beaker so he stayed. 20221010_202117.jpgThe PINK Panther.jpeg

Just got to love these guy's on the forum as they had a field day with various photos, clips and jokes about the pink panther in particular. I decided to build one and since then it seems that if it's pink then Pantherman will build it....... PM

For reference, I just joined today...

I agree 100%!

There are many idle/defunct/inactive groups out there, they do not make a community.
This is a good forum to join. Great? Depends.

Spamodeler is one I’m loyal to and no…. it’s not idle, defunct, and definitely not inactive. Plenty of action every single day. A lot of former FSM members made SPAM their forever home. No pop up ads at all unlike FSM and here. Yes, there are annoying ads here. Once in a while a pop up video ad will show up.

Modelcarsmag is strictly automodelers. Good site but their moderators tend to worry about folks getting offended by other members. Yup…. I’m banned from there too because they don’t like folks like me speaking their minds on the truth of things. Especially on intellectual debates on EVs. They don’t like me posting news articles the downsides of owning them. Why? Because on of the mods works at a car dealership and thinks EVs are all the rage now. Yeah…. How’s that working out for you when nobody’s buying them? Bunch of snowflakes and mods with thin skin. They hated me there just as FSM does. LOL!

Modelcarsmag tend to read into things too much under their own assumption what is being said & posted.

Oh yeah, some of the members act like rivet counters and critique any model car kits - wrong shape, wrong style, etc….

Like I said, I do speak my mind on things. I don’t come in with the notion for anyone to prove me wrong. Not my style.

I never see ads here .
Who else sees ads and pop-ups ?
... I guess because I use adblock

Latest posts

Back