Plastic Putty

wjbrandel

A fast question. Does anyone here use plastic putty (by vallejo I think) and what do you think of it?

I normally use Mr Hobby white putty, but I have seen alot of people using the plastic putty on youtube and it looks like it cleans up easily. If it does clean up as easy as they show I would like to get that and use it. Tamiya putty and Mr Hobby putty are good I like them, but if I can clean up with water instead of sand paper I'm good with that.

I tend to stay away from anything Vallejo because they’re garbage. Even their liquid mask is utterly pure garbage.

My go-to putty is Perfect Plastic Putty by Deluxe. It’s bulletproof, doesn’t crack, and easy to work with,sands using sandpaper or water. I use plain water to “sand” it down without sandpaper.

I tend to stay away from anything Vallejo because they’re garbage. Even their liquid mask is utterly pure garbage.

My go-to putty is Perfect Plastic Putty by Deluxe. It’s bulletproof, doesn’t crack, and easy to work with,sands using sandpaper or water. I use plain water to “sand” it down without sandpaper.
Got to say that I love using vallejo products and find them to be ok. I suppose that everyone has their own preferences depending on what they are building. Pantherman

I’ve heard stories of Vallejo colors tend to be way off on their color shades; I mean waay off especially their Federal Standard colors.

I find Vallejo to leave a rubbery/vinyl feel once dried. I’ve got a few colors in my stash I won’t use. All new bottles, never been opened.

I have some vallejo colors and I never noticed a rubbery/vinyl feel to them, but I use so little of vallejo I just don't pay attention. I have a lot of army painter and craft paint that I use. Just recently got about 20 bottles of Tamiya so I could try them--so far I do like them.

Back on track, some of the model build youtube channels I watch use the plastic putty and if it's easier than the tamiya and mr hobby filler I use now I am all for that.

A fast question. Does anyone here use plastic putty (by vallejo I think) and what do you think of it?

I normally use Mr Hobby white putty, but I have seen alot of people using the plastic putty on youtube and it looks like it cleans up easily. If it does clean up as easy as they show I would like to get that and use it. Tamiya putty and Mr Hobby putty are good I like them, but if I can clean up with water instead of sand paper I'm good with that.

I recently switched to this putty pictured, I like it and yes the clean-up is quick. What I learned let it sit for days, and water cleanes it right up.

The question and I know the answer. Before painting, the best practice is to wash ..... soap & water (buzzer sounds!)

Thinking 1 thinner wash
2 Or some flat covering the putty & shoot the primer. I sand after primer so the coat of flat will have no bad effect on the finish.
Just some working shots
Timed this because I was impressed after I used it . Reading an earlier post asking the same question you have.
IMG_1953.jpeg

begin
IMG_1966.jpeg
7 minutes
IMG_1968.jpeg
including the cargo door
IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1969.jpeg

Both Areas still need some work........ 7 minutes of clean-ups shouts' No problem!

My

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom