Your Modeling Routine

Modulwhatuluv

Hey I was just wondering if yous guys have a routine or ritual. For example I have to have smokes, Monster drink, and music playing when I model. You know, me time sorta thing....here's where the magic happens...by magic I mean frustration, confusion and "where the $#@% is that (fill in the blank) at" 1000016101.jpg

Hey I was just wondering if yous guys have a routine or ritual. For example I have to have smokes, Monster drink, and music playing when I model. You know, me time sorta thing....here's where the magic happens...by magic I mean frustration, confusion and "where the $#@% is that (fill in the blank) at" View attachment 117295
Nice mancave. Pantherman

Nice build area. One of these days I'll have to post a pic of my build area.

I normally have a pipe and a movie or tv show going and my drink of choice is Darjeeling tea.

Nice big work area you got there! Organised good too. What you got the paint splotches for?

Rob.

No ritual at all except, I research more on the subject I’m working on, pick the scheme and the paint to use - not all paint color are alike (ie: Olive Drab FS34086 or any RLM color) by brand.
Then I start building my subject.

I do have one rule at my bench…. NO MUSIC. I don’t need distraction when I’m laser focus on my builds. I don’t smoke and hated it growing up with both parents smoke. No drinks or food either since my bench is already cluttered as it is.

No ritual at all except, I research more on the subject I’m working on, pick the scheme and the paint to use - not all paint color are alike (ie: Olive Drab FS34086 or any RLM color) by brand.
Then I start building my subject.

I do have one rule at my bench…. NO MUSIC. I don’t need distraction when I’m laser focus on my builds. I don’t smoke and hated it growing up with both parents smoke. No drinks or food either since my bench is already cluttered as it is.
Very Laconic!

Pfffftttt… you don’t know me well enough to call me laconic. I do tend to speak my mind whether they’re too sensitive or offended to deal with. I don’t have time for snowflakes who’s feelings gets hurt too easily.
So yeah… I can be an a-hole, a b@$tard and ballsy. Ask my wife… she knows how I am outside the family yet she still loves me for it.

Now you know why I’m the Black Sheep. I take no s**ts from anybody especially after years of being bullied by neighborhood kids as a kid growing up. Thankfully, I had friends during my high school years who stood up for me and backed me up.

Pfffftttt… you don’t know me well enough to call me laconic. I do tend to speak my mind whether they’re too sensitive or offended to deal with. I don’t have time for snowflakes who’s feelings gets hurt too easily.
So yeah… I can be an a-hole, a b@$tard and ballsy. Ask my wife… she knows how I am outside the family yet she still loves me for it.

Now you know why I’m the Black Sheep. I take no s**ts from anybody especially after years of being bullied by neighborhood kids as a kid growing up. Thankfully, I had friends during my high school years who stood up for me and backed me up.
Laconic wasn't an insult, but if that's how you took it, then it is what it is.

That bench is way too clean for me. LOL
Don’t fret…. it won’t stay clean for long. No such thing as a clean bench when building. I usually do a complete clean up 3 or 4 times a year just to organize my mess. You’d be surprised what you might find you’ve forgotten about - even lost parts you couldn’t find.

Latest posts

Back