“Plakdag” 2024

Jakko

Not really a show as such, but I spent most of today at the annual Plakdag¹ organised by local model club MCZ and IPMS, at the Liberation Museum Zeeland — which is well worth a visit if you find yourself in or near the southwestern Netherlands and have an interest in military history and/or equipment. Too bad there weren't too many visitors, but I enjoyed myself, and I think the other participants did, too.

IMG_1802.jpegIMG_1803.jpegIMG_1804.jpegIMG_1805.jpeg

My spot was the empty one with the French camouflage jacket hanging over the back of the chair :) I had brought my Piranha PWI, which someone else from our club (the man in the glasses in the second picture above) photographed next to his own (much better-constructed) AMX-PRI and YPR 765 PRCO, so I hope he won't object to me putting up that photo here:

IMG_5594.jpeg

¹ This is tough to translate, but means something like "sticking-things-together day". Plakken means, approximately, "to stick" or "to stick together" while dag is much the more straightforward "day".

No vendors, because it's not that kind of con — more like a get-together in a museum. The lack of visitors kind of surprised me, there were a lot more last year. Thing is that this is held at the same time (probably on purpose) as a memorial march that remembers the area's liberation in October 1944, which draws a lot of people — the museum's president, who I happen to know, told me there were about a thousand there today — but we were upstairs and they were nearly all downstairs. I guess not many of them felt like going to look at the models :(

Latest posts

Back