1:72 CC-130 H Hercules (Italeri)

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Here's my next project. I'm building it up for a friend at work who used to work on the Herc's. I'm planning to build it up as a Herc based here in Edmonton. This kit will be the first time I'm attemping to use photoetch.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool, Ill be watching this space. I have the same kit in the stash, I'll be doing 130329 or 130332. I didnt realize there was PE available. What decals are you using? I have a set of CanMilAir customs.

I was planning to use the CanMilAir decals. The PE set is an Eduard "Big Ed" set, I ordered it from Squadron.

So far I've started re-scribing the panel lines...there are a lot of lines. :p

Well I see you are going to town on this one !! 8)

I think you will have your work cut out for ya.... Re scribing all panels... You gotta luv that plane !

about the P.E. set... what's in it ??? it must be HUGE (another word for insanely detailed) !!!

Can't wait for more updates.... the Hurk is one of my Fav.... Cargo hauler !

Keep us posted !

Norm

OUT !

Well, already had my first photoetch MIA. :( Went to glue these tiny little hinges down (as a break from the scribing) and it sprung from my tweezers to never be seen again. Spent the better part of an hour and a half looking for it before I gave up. At least my cave floor is really clean now.

If you need any reference photos please let me know. I still work on these aircraft. and I'm very interested to see how it comes out. I plan to purchase one of these kits and do an HC-130 refueler.

good luck with the build

herccheif said:
If you need any reference photos please let me know. I still work on these aircraft. and I'm very interested to see how it comes out. I plan to purchase one of these kits and do an HC-130 refueler.

good luck with the build

Thanks, if you have some good pictures of the cargo bay / interior that would be awesome.

When cutting very small photo etch items... you might consider using a thin strip of painter's tape underneath...

this will prevent parts from flying off !!! of course... if those parts were in your tweezers... well then it's a little harder to prevent...

take your time and yeah.... take a few pictures... while you work on this project...

take care

NORM

OUT !

Quick update - Still scribing - yep that's about it.

I have been also started working with some of the phote etch just to get a feel for it, and as a break from the panel lines. Lots of cool details are included in the Eduard set, but the the parts are tiny. Not something to work on after having my usual pot of black coffee in the morning. A few pictures below. I've got a couple side by side pictures of the landing gear doors with and without the PE just to show the added details.

I just wanted to post a quick update here; I've been working on the Herc between house projects and camping with the family. But really not a lot has happened with the build recently, I'm just chipping away at it. Scribing is finished on the wings. I was going to leave the fuselage scribing until after the two halves are assembled (I want to make sure the panel lines - line up). The landing gear bays and gear are painted. I've started on paiunting and assembling the flight deck, lots of small PE parts here - so for me it's slow going.

Pictures to follow in a week or so (gone camping).

I’ve been continuing to plug away with the CC-130 build. <Laughing manically> This kit has tons of lines to scribe â€" I’m still working on the last little area of the last wing (just can't get over that hump). My gorilla thumbs have had considerable difficulty with the Eduard PE parts (they are tiny in the tiniest way). Thankfully, only one PE part has gone MIA so far. As of yesterday here is where I’m at;

The original cargo deck floor looked like this. The PE parts for this floor look fantastic compared to the original.

Most of my time has been spent building the flight deck. It’s almost done. All I need to add is the details to the inside of the cockpit fuselage halves, and some painting.

Another view of the office space.

This picture's a little out of order - but it's a view of the front landing gear bay.

Sorry about placing all the pictures as a bunch of separate replies - (I don't have a Photobucket or Flicker account). Thanks for looking. :)

You did a smokin' job on that flightdeck Jman!! Looking forward to your next post! Where are you going to put that thing when you get it built?

Thanks,
I'm building the kit for a co-worker. I think he's going to keep it in his office. I like building in 1/72 because I don't have a ton of display space here at home, but the Herc looks absolutely huge beside my 1/72 WW1 and WW2 fighters.

Co-worker? That's cool.. One of the models I've always wanted,but could never justify was the 1/48 AC-130... It's almost scary to think about how big that thing is... :p Definately an in-flight display on that one. Your making good progress,looking forward to the next installment. :)

Latest posts

Back