Airfix 1:72 RNLI Shannon Class Lifeboat Starter Set - GROUP BUILD

I love how you guys do GB. On the old site we just left had to have 10 people join before it was approved to go and a long out start date by then I was not interested in it and had a ton of stupid rules. Had to make a "GB Chat Thread " and if it got like you guys are doing joking and cutting up we got slapped on the hand and we're told by the mods keep on topic.

This is how we did it on the old Military Model site. Thanks for the memories of the good times building in a GB.
I didn't slap anyone's hand Lee, but know what you mean .All very dictatorial.
Why don't you start the group build you were going to do, I've got my kit ready and waiting .

I found mine on ebay. It was under $30.
Thanks, I found one that was in the US but was the last one and it said someone had it in their cart. I just checked again they seemed to have changed their mind so the goods are mine. Should be here by the 10th if all goes well.

Last edited:
To be honest John I don't have the mojo to even sit at the bench to build after what happened I'm tired. Going to take a break.
Whatever happened on your last forum must've really put a bad taste in your mouth, and I'm sorry that happened.
SMA is NOT like other sites. Our little group looks out for one another and supports each other, we are brothers.
only you know when you're ready to sit back down at your bench. We're always here for you and your fellow friends from your last group.
We're here even if you want to PM us or one of us.

Don't let that other site get you down. Hang out with us on this build.
It'll be alright, brother.

Whatever happened on your last forum
I don't like carrying baggage around with me it gets too heavy especially to such a GREAT site like this. Gary you guys are incredible I mean that. Thanks I really appreciate it especially the "brother" part that's the way it was on the old MM site one hurts we ALL hurt one LAUGHS we all laugh. We carried that over to the site we just left and some didn't accept that bond we had. Yes I'm tired and need a small break now the invite here to just hang out till I'm ready to glue my fingers together again is very warm and a sigh of relief. I feel like the rug was pull out from underneath me again. But I'm here and definitely going to stay. I might post some more builds of mine later this week. Thanks to all for helping us regroup.

I don't like carrying baggage around with me it gets too heavy especially to such a GREAT site like this. Gary you guys are incredible I mean that. Thanks I really appreciate it especially the "brother" part that's the way it was on the old MM site one hurts we ALL hurt one LAUGHS we all laugh. We carried that over to the site we just left and some didn't accept that bond we had. Yes I'm tired and need a small break now the invite here to just hang out till I'm ready to glue my fingers together again is very warm and a sigh of relief. I feel like the rug was pull out from underneath me again. But I'm here and definitely going to stay. I might post some more builds of mine later this week. Thanks to all for helping us regroup.
We are glad to have y'all on board.
Just sit back and chill, my friend.

I'm kinda jonesing to start the RNLI, but I'm in the beginning stages of building the blackhawk for my friend.
He was a cheif on obe during Desert Storm. The war was so long ago, but seems like yesterday.
I still remember seeing Sadam in the Spider-Hole on the news.

Here are a couple of pics.
I'll have to find my original thread to post my pics.

20241006_215410.jpg

20241006_215421.jpg

20241006_215455.jpg

Just random suggestions until we find something to have a go at that we all like.

Some builds are from childhood memories, others are because the kit is said to be absolutely rubbish, it could literally be anything. Pantherman
Cheap and rubbish I'll be there especially after now having a government that wants to use genocide on us old gits/pensioners....whats your equivalent over there retirees? Good stuff looking forward to watching this unfold. Dave

Latest posts

Back