Alclad II airbrushes?

B

Black Sheep 1

These new airbrushes looks very similar to Badger airbrushes.
Are they?
Is Badger making air brushes for Alclad?

i saw something about these the other day some place.

any pics of these bs1

they aint bad looking pitty they are just single action tough

Looking at the hoses, connections and so on, I'd definately say Badger.

Single action isn't 'less than' double action. It's more like automatic vs. manual. SA can do everything a DA can, and in certain applications, better. But the price on these two is just too high. You can find much better deals for a comparable airbrush.

I believe they are being made for Alclad by Badger, nice that they have the bottle top to just be able to screw on an Alclad bottle, they could be very handy. If you could just get that part, you could use it on any Badger airbrush that is a bottom feed.

Basically the Badger 200NH, and 200 Detail airbrushes.

As far as pricing goes, I wouldn't consider $70 and $80 to be bad prices for those, pretty much the going rate for those models.

So which one is bettr for general application of Alclad paints, a.5mm or a .3mm?

Depends on what you are doing.

The .5mm would be good for doing larger jobs, over all aluminum on an aircraft.

However I would venture a guess that the .3mm could also spray pretty large of an area, but also have some control to get it down to painting separate panels without having to mask everything else from over spray.

Of course the beauty of it is that Alclad is ready to airbrush out of the bottle, so you can also control much of your spray pattern with your air pressure as well.

Personally....if I was in the market for an AB for Alclad, and these were my 2 choices, I would spend the extra $10 and get the .3mm.

I have a Badger 200NH, which I use for stuff like this, would be interested to know if they would offer the cap that fits on an Alclad bottle as a separate part. Would work in any Badger siphon feed airbrush.

Elm City Hobbies said:

However I would venture a guess that the .3mm could also spray pretty large of an area, but also have some control to get it down to painting separate panels without having to mask everything else from over spray.

Of course the beauty of it is that Alclad is ready to airbrush out of the bottle, so you can also control much of your spray pattern with your air pressure as well.

Personally....if I was in the marked for an AB for Alclad, and these were my 2 choices, I would spend the extra $10 and get the .3mm.

I have a Badger 200NH, which I use for stuff like this, would be interested to know if they would offer the cap that fits on an Alclad bottle as a separate part. Would work in any Badger siphon feed airbrush.

Scott,

Thanks for your input, That was just what I was looking for.
I was also thinking of the .3mm as well but not sure.
So next payday......
;D

Unless your doing a large paint job i dont see the advantage. Your gona waste lots of paint in the tube when cleaning and stuff. Ive just stated using alcald and its amazing how little you need to cover an area. ive never needed a bottle for 1/48 or 1/32(ok i refiled my cup twice on this scale)

just my .2c
Cheers

Neo

I agree with Neo. I use so little of the Alclad when painting that it might be a bit wasteful to use the tube from the bottle.

Another way to do it on the cheap is to get yourself a suction feed air brush, take one of the bottles for it and remove the siphon. Drill a hole in the lid of one of the alclad bottles and place siphon in the hole. Same result, and you don't have to buy a new airbrush.

I was about to do this with model master paints when I quit using them.

I also agree, but as always there are exceptions and in Alclad's case those are their clear colours (not sure the new candy colours are the same as I haven't used them).

As reference the Delta Plus I built for the Group Build is pretty much all covered in Alclad Chrome, and I spent 1/4 of the bottle or even less since it wasn't quite full. On the other hand the few blue parts are painted Alclad Transparent blue over the Chrome and on just those I spent half the bottle :|

Regardless, these airbrushes do sound interesting. I wouldn't use them with alclads, but I would with primers and clear coats.

Black Sheep 1 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

Personally....if I was in the marked for an AB for Alclad, and these were my 2 choices, I would spend the extra $10 and get the .3mm.

Scott,

Thanks for your input, That was just what I was looking for.
I was also thinking of the .3mm as well but not sure.
So next payday......
;D

That model is a little more versatile. Either one will do a great job and are set up to handle Alclad. We have both models in stock if you want either one.

Latest posts

Back