An interview with the owner of a Hobbytown...

Ken Abrams said:
dkev said:
Wow no kidding? I actually got all my 10ml bottles of Tamiya through the mail. Is it the same with thinners? I mean you see these sites say they have to ship the stuff ground but I haven't seen anybody say this can't be shipped at all. Even my lacquer thinner I get through the mail.

Shipping them in the states is no problem, you just can't do it via the online click and ship.

It must be done at the post office, you need to tell them so they can mark it and ship it correctly as it's not allowed to be shipped via air and can only be shipped domestically, no international shipments.

Add to that, that some places just don't care about the rules that USPS put forth, and skirt the system. Comes down to that USPS don't check domestic parcels for stuff that isn't allowed to go all that much, but I am sure if they started, that there would be many places that would have their stuff returned to them, or confiscated and disposed of. Just ask Zero Paints what they have been going through with the Royal Mail service. Really cracking down on on what can and can't be sent over there.

Latest posts

Back