B-58. The big un

smokeriderdon

OK, so since I mentioned this one several times and I am an attention whore LOL, here she is.

This is the 1/48 Monogram kit. While a classic, and the only one in 48, its a bit of a bitsh kitty. Fit isnt great. And to do it justice you really need to get upgrade sets. Unfortunately the Lone Star set for the cock pits I got was a let down.

After having the set for a good three years, the parts were still soft. Flexible. And the details were mushy on the seats. And, there wasnt a vast improvement in the kit parts for the pilots area or wheel well or gear doors. I ended up using the kit parts and they were fine. I also used SAC metal gears. Again, I found parts of that set to be lacking. They also do NOT have all the parts in there. You have to use a few kit parts. BUT, still should use as this is a heavy model. Reskit tires, excellent. Master brass pitot tube, excellent. Caracal decals, excellent. SBS models intakes and exhausts.

A note. SBS is working on their own better cockpit upgrade set. Given the excellent quality of the intakes and exhausts, Id highly recommend waiting for that to cme out if you have one of these monsters.

20240625_204630.jpg

20240629_130413.jpg

20240629_130443.jpg

20240629_130533.jpg

20240629_130643.jpg

20240629_134351.jpg

20240629_150111.jpg

OK, so since I mentioned this one several times and I am an attention whore LOL, here she is.

This is the 1/48 Monogram kit. While a classic, and the only one in 48, its a bit of a bitsh kitty. Fit isnt great. And to do it justice you really need to get upgrade sets. Unfortunately the Lone Star set for the cock pits I got was a let down.

After having the set for a good three years, the parts were still soft. Flexible. And the details were mushy on the seats. And, there wasnt a vast improvement in the kit parts for the pilots area or wheel well or gear doors. I ended up using the kit parts and they were fine. I also used SAC metal gears. Again, I found parts of that set to be lacking. They also do NOT have all the parts in there. You have to use a few kit parts. BUT, still should use as this is a heavy model. Reskit tires, excellent. Master brass pitot tube, excellent. Caracal decals, excellent. SBS models intakes and exhausts.

A note. SBS is working on their own better cockpit upgrade set. Given the excellent quality of the intakes and exhausts, Id highly recommend waiting for that to cme out if you have one of these monsters.

View attachment 119278

View attachment 119279

View attachment 119280

View attachment 119281

View attachment 119282

View attachment 119283

View attachment 119284
I remember when I was a kid, maybe 10 or so, the B58 Hustler flew over our town at a specific time. I made sure I was outside when it was supposed to fly over, and it sure did right on time. It seemed like it was very low, and it was fairly large. It made quite an impression on me. I also never forgot it.

Latest posts

Back