Burnout

Rob

Oh man. I put the decals on and spruced it up a little bit and put the windows in. Got up this morning and grab the ts-13 clear and sprayed on a light mist coat waited a minute and sprayed it good and watched the windows fog up. Now I have to make a diorama where he's doing a burnout

20240708_115327.jpg

Oh man. I put the decals on and spruced it up a little bit and put the windows in. Got up this morning and grab the ts-13 clear and sprayed on a light mist coat waited a minute and sprayed it good and watched the windows fog up. Now I have to make a diorama where he's doing a burnout

View attachment 119513
Great shine though. Pantherman

Uh…. yeah… any clearcoat will fog up your clear plastic windshields - even gloss clearcoat. That's why I always spray a coat of clear BEFORE installing the windshield.

Or at least mask the windshield areas first. Oh well… live and learn

Uh…. yeah… any clearcoat will fog up your clear plastic windshields - even gloss clearcoat. That's why I always spray a coat of clear BEFORE installing the windshield.

Or at least mask the windshield areas first. Oh well… live and learn
Kind of confused but I think I know why. Because I always clear coat my airplanes with the canopy on. I think it's because I always put on Matt clear or flat. So when I sprayed ts-13 which is gloss clear it is probably hotter? And that's why it frosted. But you are right, that's a dumb stupid mistake but that's why they call me FNG

View attachment 119513
I did the same thing with my recently completed helicopter. I got the decals on, let it sit overnight, and then sprayed a satin clear coat. Instantly fogged the windows.
I just went over them with a black wash and left it.

View attachment 119513
Maybe you could crack the window down and have a hand with a cigar poking out.
Seriously that sucks after all that good hard work.

Kind of confused but I think I know why. Because I always clear coat my airplanes with the canopy on. I think it's because I always put on Matt clear or flat. So when I sprayed ts-13 which is gloss clear it is probably hotter? And that's why it frosted. But you are right, that's a dumb stupid mistake but that's why they call me FNG
I do too…with canopy masks still on. I assume you do the same as well.

Hey that's an idea. It could be the Gangsta mobile. I wonder if I could pop it off and sand it out and then I also wonder if it's really worth it. Maybe come a rainy day. But tinted window on the front windshield? Nah. I wonder if I could pop that off and smoke the three sides and sand the front? Has anyone ever tried sanding out frosted clear?

Hey that's an idea. It could be the Gangsta mobile. I wonder if I could pop it off and sand it out and then I also wonder if it's really worth it. Maybe come a rainy day. But tinted window on the front windshield? Nah. I wonder if I could pop that off and smoke the three sides and sand the front? Has anyone ever tried sanding out frosted clear?
If you're pulling the glass just clean that acrylic clear off with alcohol .

Latest posts

Back