Canopy hunt!! Help!

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
So I have plans to build up the famous Spitfire 944 in 1/48 and have just about every piece I need EXCEPT for the front windscreen, which was a NON-armored screen. I've found that both Falcon and Pavla have versions but are only available in SETS of variants....the bastards. Anyway, I've emailed Pavla with the hopes they'll split up a set but does anyone know where else I might be able to pick up a canopy that will work somewhere stateside? Hannants UK I can get the set for $25 shipped...but I really just need the one!!

Here's the Falcon link: http://www.falconmodels.co.nz/clearvax/set51.html

Is it the newer PR XIX kit?? The PR Spits didn't have the bullet-proof windscreen...just sort of a bubble front. I've actually sent an email to Airfix hoping they can send me the clear sprue from that kit. That was a couple of days ago and there hasn't been a response...

I'll get the kit number.....pm me if I havnt done it by tomorrow I may forget ::)

Did you check Squadron? I know they sell some vacuform canopies, not sure if they have the right one you are looking for though.

'fraid not. :( this is the canopy sprue from that set: airfix05117reviewbg_2.jpg

but i need this one:

clear.jpg

i might just break down and buy the kit at the next sale i see. :p i missed out on squadrons last sale...

See...just need to read.

If by chance you also sent them your address, they may have just popped one in the mail to you. Would be nice to know of course, but you might have one coming to you.

Airfix USA has a separate site, might pay to shoot them an e-mail as well.

I just heard back from Airfix US. They usually have a small stock of returned or damaged items that they pull from for replacement parts but unfortunately don't have the sprue I need. Now I wait for UK...

Well done! Now I need the bottom hull of a Fine Molds 1/72 Naboo Starfighter mmmmm.....OR who wants to buy a 99% complete Naboo Starfighter lol

Eerm the part you have to chrome up, don't use a hair dryer to speed up Alclad drying times lol. It turned into a twisted plastic mess lol.

Latest posts

Back